Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.02.02, 04:33 PM   #41
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

This movie GREAT. I loved every ounce of it. It was great, genius, all sortsa adjectives. I was not in on any of the hype or buzz, so I had no idea what to expect going in. I thought it was amazing.
Old 2008.02.02, 05:08 PM   #42
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

How'd you like the end, Jihad?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.02, 05:36 PM   #43
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Get the eff on AIM so we can talk about this Fluff! =P
Old 2008.02.02, 08:11 PM   #44
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I want to see this one on tuesday. I have high expectation by now, reading all the great comments on this movie.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.03, 06:06 AM   #45
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Most fun I've ever had at a cinema. It's like a frickin' theme park ride! I love3 everything about it too, including the fact that you find out nothing. I think the biggest complaint from people (Aside from sickness from motion sickness sufferers) is that it has no closure, and you don't find out a thing about the monster. But I think that's what makes the movie special. It's all about the people. During a disaster, they always focus on the military planning an attack, the scientist theorising and the president worrying. But this is all about the victims. The guys in the middle of it all, kept in the dark. What they know, you know because you're essentially one of them.

Second biggest niggle -- people complaining about unrealistic things such an an indistructible camera with infinite battery life. Shut up... you're watching a movie about a gigantic creature tearing apart New York. Sit back and enjoy the mayhem.

I'd actually say it exceeded my expectations, as I'd lowered them from hearing such tripe despite it getting mostly great reviews. Another thing I'd heard a lot is that you don't see the monster that often, so I was expecting the odd glimpse of a foot or a claw but you see it a lot more than I expected, full body from all angles. But it's always too short to get a good look, which is great cos it's like "Holy shit! look at that" then you're running away
Old 2008.02.11, 06:05 AM   #46
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Upon further review, I think Cloverfield is one of my favorite romantic comedies of all time. I know that wasn't the intended purpose of the film, but that's the impression it left on me. Great movie that had a little bit of everything.

The only small problem that I try to overlook is the Marlena character. She had absolutely no reason to stay with the group, but did anyway. Clearly she was kept in the group for one reason and, without spoilers, you know what it was. They had to have one main character show you that so why not her, right?
Old 2008.02.11, 08:19 AM   #47
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I really liked the movie, so I was very surprised when I heard people behind me in the cinema grumble about it, as if it was the worst thing they' ve ever seen.
The monster could have been showed a bit less for my taste.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.11, 08:33 AM   #48
Tokyo Jihad

Marlena was there so there was at least one girl you cared about until you 'rescued the princess'. ...and for story justification purposes, Hud did ultimately grow on her.
Old 2008.02.11, 08:46 AM   #49
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Marlena was my favourite character. I found her the most interesting, and more likeable than Rob's girlfriend... not that you got to see much of her personality. I think Lily should have been bitten
Old 2008.02.11, 09:25 AM   #50
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ I liked Lily, but hell yeah. I wish her and Marlena switched places during the film.