Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:00 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [SR] 2000.01.26 - Gips (CD) [Single]

ギブス (Gips)

01. ギブス (Gips)
02. 東京の女(ひと) (Tokyo no Hito)
03. Σ (Sigma)
Total Playtime: 11:32

Retail Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 07:13 AM   #4
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I was looking at Ebay for a used copy of Gibs (preferably First Press), so when I spotted this auction that started cheap from a reputed seller, I asked her for a picture of the disk (to know wether it's first press or regular press).

She added the picture to the listing, and I'll let you see for yourself what's oh so wrong with it!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

(I let her know about the "problem")
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 09:55 AM   #5
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

O.o
isn't the gips cover with tsumi to batsu disc?

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 10:42 AM   #6
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Lena wins!

The disc pictured is the Tsumi to Batsu single... Since the title is written in Russian (I think?) it's not as obvious... but the Gibs single has "Gibs" written in that font, and the apples are blue, not red.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.25, 07:15 PM   #7
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

dun dun dunnn~
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.14, 06:31 PM   #8
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Listening to Gips, I think it could have been such an epic sounding song....but then the damn chorus....the piano part is so simple but efficient in building up to the moment.....then the chorus doesn't keep its promise :/
Old 2009.03.26, 09:19 AM   #9
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Does this not have a first press like Tsumi to Batsu? the top of this thread has no indication that the version out is second press but I'd imagine that seeing as Tsumi had one and they were out on the same day then this one would as well.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.26, 09:58 AM   #10
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Gips does have a first-press and second-press, and they are the same style as Tsumi to Batsu, except the Gips discs are blue in all the placements that the Tsumi to Batsu discs are red - as if each of the singles were using the same templates together. There's no other significant difference. You get the same cover art on the first and second pressings of Gips. The "wrist-slitting" cover is only on zero-press (and some posters - there are at least 3 different Gips posters), and strangely enough the zero-press Gips disc is yellow instead of blue.

Honnou is completely on its own. It doesn't share a template with Tsumi to Batsu and Gips, and it's never been in a promotional double or triple package with other singles (like the zero-pressings of Tsumi to Batsu with Gips).