Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2019.02.24, 11:07 PM   #1211
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ask on the Ringo discord if you want a fast reply but I'll check for you if you can wait
Old 2019.02.24, 11:15 PM   #1212
digiscum

digiscum doesn't have posts anyone cares about yet

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Ask on the Ringo discord if you want a fast reply but I'll check for you if you can wait
Thanks! I am new to Discord (and well I am new to here too...) but if you have it and can share just the 葬列 page it will be great!
digiscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.28, 06:24 PM   #1213
digiscum

digiscum doesn't have posts anyone cares about yet

Originally Posted by digiscum View Post
Thanks! I am new to Discord (and well I am new to here too...) but if you have it and can share just the 葬列 page it will be great!
Problem solved. Thanks!
digiscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.01, 09:50 AM   #1214
songwriterjim

songwriterjim is headed in the right direction
Default Newbie here & about a year with Yumiko & Jrock/pop.

Hello all, as per instructions i am posting here to introduce myself. I'm an old songwriter/musician (husband/father/granddad/playwright/graphic designer/blah blah blah etc...) from NH USA and on a(nother) search for new & interesting music (being permanently disabled with a bad back & needing new musical listening inspiration), i came across Ringo, Tricot, Passepied, Zone, Bandmaid etc. over the past year.

As a musician listening to many various Japanese bands, i was surprised by how many bands/songs used the same basic chord progression or slight variations (i refer to it as the 'Japanese jazz chords' but is also used by other asian pop/rock bands). It initially drove me nuts as i constantly searched out as many bands as i could and kept hearing 'that chord progression' within almost every song (Tricot has yet to let me down in that respect).

I guess it is a cultural thing musically, much like western country music or blues?

Anyways, the more i delved into Ringo, the more i liked what i heard & saw in her music/videos.

And the more confused i became trying to figure out her name for example...
songwriterjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.01, 12:25 PM   #1215
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Hi songwriterjim!

I have also noticed that the chord progressions in Japanese music tend to be different. Have you seen this video on Youtube?

QtPx6WdNM30
Old 2019.04.03, 05:14 AM   #1216
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Here's a link to a PDF of that panel discussion, The J-POP Phenomenon.
http://mpaj.or.jp/wordpress/wp-conte...on_english.pdf
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.07, 02:54 AM   #1217
shirasagi

shirasagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hi there! I used to be on these forums about ten years ago (since around the 10th anniversary to about when Sunny/Expo 14 came out) and I'm happy to see the community is still alive.

Honestly, I stopped following the discussions around 2015 when the music bashing became incessant and I just felt out of place, having enjoyed both Sunny and Expo 14 back then (not a popular thought). One time, we even rented a small theatre with a friend and watched the Expo on a big screen - I suppose we're the only ones to have done that with THAT concert.

Now, looking back I think it's heartening in a way to see the community still care and even be excited about the new album which is around the corner. I don't expect anyone to be severely excited when the album actually drops, but I'm here for the reactions

I have no idea how active I will be, I'm usually not a very engaged person online, but it's nice to see you all again.
shirasagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.14, 09:53 AM   #1218
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Welcome /o/
It's so nice to have new active members!
I've spent one week away and now we have so many new posts
I'm so happy to see this forum is not dead yet
T_____T

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.04.30, 10:11 PM   #1219
sodanojikan

sodanojikan doesn't have posts anyone cares about yet

Hi everyone. Hikaru Utada's collaboration with Sheena Ringo (Not too familiar with the Shiina spelling) was my definite introduction to her. Legally, I became a fan of Ringo's before 2019, indulging myself in all of her solo work.

Only recently have I been appreciating Tokyo Jihen. My bold claim is that their live version of The Creamy Season is superior to all renditions.
Currently I look at all her albums / pseudo albums with an equal amount of admiration.

Naiveté is a recurring theme when it comes to my life. Eventually enough clues on here will start to show that I'm pretty inexperienced. My very young age would give it away, otherwise.

Joining a forum, for fans of Sheena, no less, will be a nice change from the unpleasant stan culture and app communities of the present I am accustomed to.

Also, I think I'm doing myself a great service by having registered on a date symbolic of Ichijiku No Hana's approximate length.
sodanojikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.05.01, 12:48 PM   #1220
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by sodanojikan View Post
Joining a forum, for fans of Sheena, no less, will be a nice change from the unpleasant stan culture and app communities of the present I am accustomed to.
Yes.
welcome!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote