Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.27, 03:02 PM   #21
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I thought they named it that because they were going to name all their PV collections in volumes, but I guess that didn't happen. I wonder what they meant by that name too, then.
Old 2007.04.27, 04:11 PM   #22
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
The Tokyo Incidents vol 1 says, Vol 1. implying more another volume. doesnt necessaraly say anything about phase, and I'm not sure if this came out after or during phase 1. So if they released it during phase 2, then it makes sense but if they released it when phase 1 was still together, maybe they were already anticipating phase 2.
It was released before the Dynamite tour even started if I'm remembering it's release right. I highly doubt they had lineup change planned at that time. The title clearly indicates they planned on releasing other PV collections with the same name.
Old 2007.04.27, 05:52 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
It was released before the Dynamite tour even started if I'm remembering it's release right. I highly doubt they had lineup change planned at that time. The title clearly indicates they planned on releasing other PV collections with the same name.
Thanks for clearing that up, although it still is kind of weird to say 1. I mean, movies and any other media usually dont say 1 for their first movie. Like spiderman the movie didnt come out as spiderman I, we just refer to it that way now that there is more than one.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.28, 09:09 AM   #24
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

My dream TJ line-up:
Vo: SR
Guitar: Sugizo
Bass: Kameda
Key: HZM
Drums: Hata (I wouldn't substitute him for anyone else)

Which is basically phase 1 + Sugizo.

Why Sugizo?
1. He's a good songwriter.
2. He can bring back some of that rock edge back to SR.

Why HZM?
I'm somewhat on the fence about Izawa and HZM. Izawa did a good job with Himitsu adult version, so he has a lot of potential. But I like HZM better, for various reasons (which include fangirlish ones yes).

But okay, let's wait and see. I don't have high expectations for the next album so TJ will have a hard time disappointing me. However, should they succeed in doing so, I might just give up listening to them.
Old 2007.04.28, 09:55 AM   #25
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
My dream TJ line-up:
Why HZM?
I'm somewhat on the fence about Izawa and HZM. Izawa did a good job with Himitsu adult version, so he has a lot of potential. But I like HZM better, for various reasons (which include fangirlish ones yes).
I prefer Izawa, cause he actually looks like he's enjoying himself. HZM always had this look that said "i should be somewhere else rite now"

are you really that down on the last album? I prefer phase 1, but I thought there were a lot of good things going on in "Adult"
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.28, 10:05 AM   #26
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
are you really that down on the last album? I prefer phase 1, but I thought there were a lot of good things going on in "Adult"
Yeah somewhat. Even if you take out Toumei Ningen from the album it still sounds kinda flat to me. I recall my first time going through the album with eager anticipation, but I got more and more confused as the album played on. Granted the album has grown on me now (like TM doesn't sound THAT bad now), but I still find it very hard to like a lot of tracks on that album. They're just "okay" stuff. And in my world, SR doesn't make "okay" stuff.
Old 2007.04.28, 10:40 AM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

One of the first times we saw "phase 2" perform was on, i dunno, some show
, playing Shuraba. And it was one of those where the only thing live is the vocals and the music is guide tracked.

Izawa pantomimed playing the piano like he was a jackhamer or something. Bobbing his head in a way that OBVIOUSLY did not go with the song, but just accentuated that he was not really playing.

This is when I knew, I loved Izawa. =P
Old 2007.04.28, 03:27 PM   #28
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hmm, now that you mention that, I think I like that about Izawa, too. o_o;;

About HZM, I never got the feeling that he wanted to be somewhere else or that he was an attention hog. I think that's just how he plays, and I don't mind it because I think it's entertaining to watch.
Old 2007.04.28, 03:56 PM   #29
justriiingo

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
One of the first times we saw "phase 2" perform was on, i dunno, some show
, playing Shuraba. And it was one of those where the only thing live is the vocals and the music is guide tracked.

Izawa pantomimed playing the piano like he was a jackhamer or something. Bobbing his head in a way that OBVIOUSLY did not go with the song, but just accentuated that he was not really playing.

This is when I knew, I loved Izawa. =P
I think you're talking about Music Station.
When I saw that, I thought he was crazy/trying to be like HZM. Hm. I'm neutral about Izawa, not for or against him in any case. He was kinda cute during JCHI though. Ohh btw he speaks Japanese in a funny way, very different from SR and the rest of the band. It's more... slurred? I remember he mentioned something about "Osaka Jihen". Is he from Osaka? I wished I knew what he was saying, because the crowd was laughing madly.
Old 2007.04.30, 02:30 PM   #30
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Hmm, now that you mention that, I think I like that about Izawa, too. o_o;;

About HZM, I never got the feeling that he wanted to be somewhere else or that he was an attention hog. I think that's just how he plays, and I don't mind it because I think it's entertaining to watch.
Yea I agree. He looks like was having a blast in DO. I especially liked when he was mimicking what Hata was saying during his speech
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote