Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.15, 10:54 AM   #21
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Oh, good idea!

I don't get it, how come people don't like to listen to lyrics in a foreign language? I have a few friends who are like that too. They have no idea how much they're missing out...
(and I do realise that asking this question in this forum might be somewhat futile, since most of us here don't actually speak Japanese but love SR to bits.)
This gets always confuses me as well, not so much because they think it is weird to hear music in a foreign language but because a lot of people listen to songs that they do not even care for the lyrics, they just sing along and move to the music. Especially people who like rap and hip-hop, none of them want to shoot people or smack bitches but they sing along because they "like the beat." This is the same as us listening to SR without understanding her japanese; we listen because we love the music.

Oh and Chiugai, I like your idea as well. It is similar to what I wanted to do as well. I also havent tried many, but I made one that I edited into the first post of this thread that was supposed to be sort of upbeat but I do not think that it was very focused so I'm going to do some more later.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.04.15 at 10:58 AM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.22, 06:49 AM   #22
HEDOfloe

I finally got around to making some different playlists and here they are:

RINGO ballads (these are not exactly all ballads but mostly just sad or love songs)

1.Rinne Highlight
2.Akane Saku kiro terasaredo
3.Odaiji ni
4. Stem
5.Yami ni furu ame
6.Ekimae
7.mr.wonderful
8.unconditional love
9.Poltergeist
10.toki ga bousou suru
11.tegami
12.memai
13.LOVE IS BLIND
14.Onaji Yoru
15.Yume no Ato (Hesei Fuzoku ver.)
16.Rakujitsu

RINGO rock

1.Shoukyou
2.Kabukichou no jyoou
3.Himitsu
4.Sounan
5.Sigma
6.Honnou
7.Jusui negai
8.Kurumaya-san (Dynamite out ver.)
9.YER BLUES
10.Tsuki ni Makeinu
11.If You Can Touch It (Dynamite Out)
12.Marunouchi sadistic
13.Tsumi to Batsu
14.Superstar

RINGO sessions (These are more jazzy, orchestrated kinda songs)

1.Mayonaka wa Junketsu
2.Confusion (TERRA ver.)
3. Jazz a go go
4.Papaya Mango
5.Rinne Hightlight
6.Shido to Hakuchuumu
7.Kokoro
8.Meisai (album ver.)
9.Karisome otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.)
10.Aozora
11.Aisaika no Choushoku
12.Ishiki (Album ver.)
13.Kono yo no kagiri

I've only heard each on in order once so there may still be things that I have not noticed that do not go well etc., so give it a listen yourselves and tell me what you think .
Old 2007.04.22, 12:03 PM   #23
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I don't get it, how come people don't like to listen to lyrics in a foreign language?
"Because you can't understand it. What are they saying?"

I will never understand this response. Who CARES what they're saying if it sounds good? And are you telling me you're paying attention to 100% of the lyrics you listen to in songs sung in a language you understand? There've been lots of times where I've been like "Wait, he/she's saying WHAT?!" on like the third or fourth listening to a song.

This happens all the time when people listen to music in my car (though usually I play English-language music just to avoid such a situation). "What's this song about? What's he/she saying?" I'm just like, is it REALLY important?? Just listen!!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.22, 12:16 PM   #24
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
"Because you can't understand it. What are they saying?"

I will never understand this response. Who CARES what they're saying if it sounds good? And are you telling me you're paying attention to 100% of the lyrics you listen to in songs sung in a language you understand? There've been lots of times where I've been like "Wait, he/she's saying WHAT?!" on like the third or fourth listening to a song.

This happens all the time when people listen to music in my car (though usually I play English-language music just to avoid such a situation). "What's this song about? What's he/she saying?" I'm just like, is it REALLY important?? Just listen!!
Yea, I know what you mean. Sometimes people do not even know that I am listening to music in japanese unless they actually take the time to pay attention to it. It's pretty funny when they realize it