Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.12, 01:57 AM   #21
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Wow, I think it may be because Hata's been reading these forums over the last few days.

Regarding drugs, I have thought that Hata's looked a bit ill in some of the random live performances over the last year or so.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 06:42 AM   #22
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by oh opeo View Post
Wow. I really hope it isn't drugs.
Because in Asia, they take drug use really REALLY seriously.
They only mention alcohol in the report...if he tested positive for illegal drugs or got busted for possession they're keeping it quiet.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 07:29 AM   #23
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

The way this thread is progressing, I think the obvious needs to be said: it's not cool breaking into someone's house and resist arrest afterward, even for rock stars. Self-destructing on alcohol or other drugs is just sad. And alcohol is one of the most destructive substances in the world:

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/re...zation_1506941
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 07:55 AM   #24
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

this really is not such a huge deal.

hata got drunk on the way home, broke some chick's window, and when accosted by the police headbutted him, not altogether unlike half of the incidents I witness daily in the city here in the US.

but because it is Japan this is going to become a huge scandal and they are going to disappear for a few months and Hata is going to live in shame and Ringo might very well kick him out of the band.

I can't say I'm surprised because he has had said in interviews before about how he doesn't take care of himself and is self destructive.

that being said I AM surprised to hear that this happened about a block from where I used to live and Hata apparently lives in the same area. Kinda cool. haha.

I would be sad if Hata left because other than Ringo, he is probably the only other band member I am attached to. Uki, Izawa, and Kameda, kinda sick of.

Ringo and Hata should just remake the Honnou video guerilla style, they can run around the streets of tokyo breaking people's plate glass windows while she shrieks some updated jazzy lyrics.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 08:48 AM   #25
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It sucks to hear this news...But I think that SR won't kick him out of the band. He is an amazing drummer and he is in the band for a reason. If he leaves, it'll be his own decision.
She probably knows he's a heavy drinker at times and if anything, this will give him a chance to become sober or at least stop being a lush.

like kuro_neko, I'm very attached to him, also. He kinda HAS to be there. and i'd be very upset if he wasn't...
Old 2011.02.12, 09:20 AM   #26
oh opeo

oh opeo pleased at least somebody

Poor Hata. )':

Maybe he recently broke up with a girl or something? Maybe that's why he's so angry?
oh opeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 09:24 AM   #27
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

(watching Kaban No Nakami S&T live)
There's something between SR and Hata
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 10:13 AM   #28
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

^ You can notice that chemistry not only in Kaban no Nakami but practically in every live performance he is placed next to her. It could be just her adapting to Hata's timing or she really feels more comfortable on stage with him than the rest of the members.

I'd feel pretty sad if Hata had to leave the band. Yeah, he has never contributed in the creative process but sometimes I find his energy and versatility on stage even more vital to the overall feeling than any of the other instruments.

Last edited by Carlx : 2011.02.12 at 10:22 AM.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 10:37 AM   #29
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

^Just because he doesn't have a songwriting credit does not in any way mean he is not a creative force in the band.
Old 2011.02.12, 11:09 AM   #30
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

So did he just break the woman's window or did he also enter her house?