Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.10.24, 02:55 PM   #441
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

^Fallout worth buying then?

Gonna stroll into town in the morning and pick it up for one of the consoles and give it a go.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.25, 02:31 AM   #442
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Be aware that it's currently EXTREMELY bugged in the console version. We're talking about NPC stuck in the landscapes, quests completing themselves, and worst of all savegames getting destroyed for no reason.

But honestly, the modding community is a big reason to buy it for the PC.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.25, 12:53 PM   #443
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

My PC graphic card is only good enough for games from 2008 so I bought the PS3 version. ;_;

If it's as bad as you make out then it's got to be getting patched at some point right?

Right?
Old 2010.10.25, 01:23 PM   #444
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
My PC graphic card is only good enough for games from 2008 so I bought the PS3 version. ;_;
Fallout 3 came out in 2008 and New Vegas is essentially an expansion pack so...

I'm getting my new 360 and Rock Band 3 tomorrow. Getting the keyboard, but I'll probably pass on the Mustang.
Old 2010.10.25, 01:31 PM   #445
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

I don't like gaming on the PC though so I probably wouldn't have got it in any case for that.

Sitting at a desk with a smallish monitor isn't exactly the same social experience as sitting on the couch with a much bigger screen.
Old 2010.10.25, 01:37 PM   #446
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Sitting lonely in front of a technical devices is never a social experience when it comes to solo gaming

You could as well simply hook your PC up to that TV screen. Like I do
No difference between PC and console, except that I always have better graphics.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.25, 10:28 PM   #447
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Been playing a few hours now and haven't came across any glitches so far thought I would have to restart the game after a girl I went shooting lizards with got killed (by me!).

Didn't really seem to hurt me story-wise so onwards we go. \0/ I like the target lock system, very Vagrant Story-ish.
Old 2010.10.26, 09:58 PM   #448
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

About 15 hours in now and the only bug/glitch I've came across is that the game froze once when I entered a building, that's it so far so hopefully the rest of my playthrough will be glitch free!

Making people blow up with head shots never gets boring better still when you send a leg flying away!
Old 2010.10.27, 09:35 AM   #449
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I suck at guitar in Rock Band 3. I'm so rusty since I've played only one song (Spanish Castle Magic) this year. Portions For Foxes kicked my ass, I couldn't FC I Love Rock 'n Roll, and I failed Oh My God at the end. My hand was too tired to keep up with the three-note chords.
Old 2010.10.27, 10:52 AM   #450
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I think I've kept up enough to still be competent on expert guitar, though far from perfect. I bought the keyboard to bring on a new challenge since I've been on expert guitar since the original GH. Can't wait, my bundle shipped today (not out until 29th in the UK).

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
About 15 hours in now and the only bug/glitch I've came across is that the game froze once when I entered a building, that's it so far so hopefully the rest of my playthrough will be glitch free!

Making people blow up with head shots never gets boring better still when you send a leg flying away!
In a really buggy game (on a console) there is quite a bit of luck involved with regards to avoiding them. It's funny how people can have wildly different experiences depending on what bugs they encounter. You'll find guys giving up and saying they could never recommend a game because of bugs, and then you'll find guys who never ever encounter one. I was quite upset when playing Red Dead Redemption that I didn't come across any horse-people, the bugs in that game looked hilarious! As long as a bug doesn't end up giving me a disadvantage, data loss or hard crashing then I can cope.