Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.10.05, 08:58 AM   #221
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You can't appreciate her trying new things at least?
I do appreciate her branching out into possibly foreign territory for her. Better to try something new, then not try anything at all and risk becoming stale.

That weeabo chick....I think I just threw up a little while eating my lunch.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.06, 06:01 PM   #222
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

New Kayoko Yoshikawa mini album is a nice pleasant surprise. I like it a lot more than her full length that came out in March.

Interesting coincidence- that full length came out same day as Tokarev (and subsequently got buried in the hype of that album) and this one has come out same day as new Oomori blu ray/DVD. I guess same thing will happen there too...

Also, the new Kuroki Nagisa album came out today, I'm keen to give that one a spin, the 2 singles from it are awesome.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.06 at 06:05 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.08, 07:10 PM   #223
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

After listening to Kuroki Nagisa's album- I gotta say I feel a little underwhelmed. Too damn ballad-y and all the songs apart from singles kinda melt into one (albeit pleasant). Not a horrible album by any means, it really is pretty enjoyable- but I don't like enough to keep my order. Cancelled.

I did get my mind blown today by this randomly:

That's 2 amazing singles by this group so far. Waiting for their first album. Could be the next best thing if the quality of the singles are to go on.

Also, this has to be one of the best covers I've seen for anything, ever:

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.08 at 07:13 PM.
Old 2015.10.09, 02:30 PM   #224
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

weirdest biscuit promo ever.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.16, 05:26 AM   #225
deadgrandma

Look at this fucking beast of a boxset, Converge fans start drooling:

Blu-ray Disc 1:
A full 20 song Converge set from their Union Transfer (Philadelphia, PA) stop on their "All We Love We Leave Behind" tour. Filmed with multiple camera angles and edited by Jimmy Hubbard (Guitar World, Vice). The live audio was mixed by Kurt Ballou at God City and mastered by engineer Alan Douches at West West Side (Motorhead, The Dillinger Escape Plan). Presented in both 5:1 Surround Sound (exclusive to the Blu-ray) and Stereo configurations for the ultimate chaotic live experience. An HD-Digital Download (in Stereo) of this set is also provided in this edition.

Blu-ray Discs 2 and 3:
Collectively over 15 hours of live, rare, and previously unseen footage spanning over a decade in the life of Converge. Chronologically presented over two Blu-ray discs, this collection features international live performances, interviews, features, music videos, covers, and more.

Live Double Album:
Exclusive to the Box set, a vinyl specific stereo mix of the full 20 song feature set by Alan Douches at West West Side (Motorhead, The Dillinger Escape Plan) presented on two 33rpm 12"LPs, and packaged in a Gold Mirror Board Wide Spine LP Jacket.

160 Page 12"X12" Book:
Exclusive to the Box set, this is the ultimate photographic accompaniment to "Thousands of Miles Between Us". Featuring Converge captured live by celebrated photographers Matt Miller, Reid Haithcock, and Jimmy Hubbard at shows across the United States.

Accessories:
Exclusive to the Box set, a 16 oz turntable slip-mat, embroidered patch, and more featuring Converge themed artwork from illustrator Thomas Hooper.

All of the above is housed in an incredible 12" X 12" Box, printed with Gold Foil on Black Stock.

I'd buy but the price is a bit hefty.
Old 2015.10.16, 11:07 AM   #226
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I was a HUGE Converge fan back in the day. They were my favorite band. Not so much these days, though AWLWLB was great. They're probably still one of the best live bands to see, though.

Those blu-rays are pretty tempting...I'm not huge on live audio recordings unless they sound damn good.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.17, 04:34 PM   #227
deadgrandma

Yeah I really hope they recorded this well, still waiting for a converge live recording that captures their actual shows power.

Also 100% confirmed... Dingding is recording new album in London and about to set off on international tour.

OH and how I feel about the new Maron Hamda https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...uku-no-marble/

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.17 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2015.10.19, 02:35 PM   #228
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

New Sa Dingding!! I'm excited for that.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.19, 04:22 PM   #229
deadgrandma

If you wanna get more excited, there's plenty of studio rehearsal pictures and stuff now floating around on- most on her FB page.

Also, mainly random, but I thought I'd highlight this, PM Cameron inviting her to a dinner :-p Makes me wonder if he'd do the same for Shiina Ringo... Hmm.

Also a little spiel here https://deadgrandmablog.wordpress.co...ing-in-london/

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.19 at 04:40 PM.
Old 2015.10.20, 02:23 AM   #230
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

He's almost definitely got no idea who she is, and if he does, he hasn't listened to her music. It's cause Xi Jinping is here, as you said. it's also possible every Chinese person based in that part of London received an invitation. I get a similar letter every year when it comes to Jamaican dinners and stuff in my borough.

... And he wouldn't do the same for Ringo cause the odds of these circumstances coming together are far too low.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote