Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.09.14, 04:40 AM   #421
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts
Default moved from "Killer Tune thread"

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
except you Hedo, I totally dig the SR pics you had before, and you trade them in for... Gackt?
I dig them too, but I found this pic of G and I thought it was funny so I switched my avatar for now. The sig, though, I just added to have the same person, I don't find the sig funny. Plus, Gackt is awesome too!
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 10:01 AM   #422
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Gackt is awesome
is not

hedo...
your avatar give me nightmares
O_O

and btw I always use images from mugg/usaagi's site in my avatar/signature
thank you >3<

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 10:43 AM   #423
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I dig them too, but I found this pic of G and I thought it was funny so I switched my avatar for now. The sig, though, I just added to have the same person, I don't find the sig funny. Plus, Gackt is awesome too!

Actually I'm also frightened whenever I see your avatar, especially the left one.
pariscombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 11:39 AM   #424
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I finally finished translations of "Killer Tune" and "BB.QUEEN" if anyone is interested. I REALLY like Killer Tune's lyrics. They're all about watching out not to get sucked in by luxury. BB.Queen's are just completely random and out there. 9_9 Oh, Ukigumo.

Killer Tune
Let’s live as if seasons are disposable
I can’t steal neither night nor fall
You are my whole life
BB.Queen
At the nape of the neck in idiot humans
It's these circumstances in the internal organs
Both are open to criticism/suggestions from other Japanese speakers, as always. These were confusing lyrics at times and though I footnoted the references I could look up, I'm sure there may be things I missed as well.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 01:27 PM   #425
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

a footnote

First line of Killer Tune is parody of WWII-time slogan

贅沢は敵だ zeitaku wa teki da, Luxury is our enemy
欲しがりません勝つまでは hosigarimasen katu madeha, We don't want till win
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.14, 02:12 PM   #426
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Oooh, awesome, thank you *adds to page*
Old 2007.09.14, 03:45 PM   #427
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

So i actually caved and listened to the B-sides.

The A-side is once again EASILY the most offensive song on the record.

BB. Queen...well its a mess, and its by no means good in many ways...but at least it doesnt sound like they were trying to make "music" per se. I mean, hating on a b-side, its hard to get too hung up, I can't think of a b-side that i liked less, but I think there is one.

Karada is pretty un-noteworthy. A knotch above muzak, but at the very least, Shiina doesn't sound like crap and Uki is not distracting. so hey.

As fun as the bashing on the single was, I think its juuust a wee bit over-dramaculous -- even if its the worst all-around single in the catalog. See, i'm trying to spin this positive, im being positive and I know it still looks like im dogging the thing. But im not gonna lie. Its just the worst single Shiina's released, its not the holocaust.
Old 2007.09.14, 04:07 PM   #428
frecklegirl
apple-princess

Are you still planning not to listen to Variety? Because if you don't listen to it, then your rights to bash it are going to get taken away, and I'm going to delete any anti-Variety posts you make. (I'd also recommend listening to it at least 2 or 3 times, because LOTS of times you hate something new if you listen to it just once. It often takes multiple listenings to get used to something and grow to like it.) Likewise, I can't believe you didn't even listen to the B-sides on this single before deciding it sucked. It's so... close minded.

On the flip side, if you do listen to it, and even listen to it (gasp) more than once, you can say whatever the hell you want about it, as long as it's not just baiting HEDOfloe for another eternal debate on the exact same damn thing as always.

Old 2007.09.14, 04:12 PM   #429
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I never said "the single sucked" i may have referenced opinions i historically agree with that said it sucked. My thought process was "Im betting it sucks, lotsa people seem to think so after hearing it -- i'm not gonna bother." I blasted Killer Tune, but not the single/b-sides.
Old 2007.09.14, 04:57 PM   #430
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I think you should listen to the b-sides a couple of times. I was also thought BB.QUEEN sounded like just noise the first time, just as many others did, but after hearing it more and getting more familiar with it, you can really tell if you like it or not. If I judged the music I had on just one time through I think I'd have a very small music library.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote