Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.10.01, 10:49 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Jihen at COUNTDOWN JAPAN 2009

Or something like that. From Natalie:

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...istory_state0=

(http://natalie.mu/news/show/id/21898)

I suck at this so just edit the original post with proper details. I wish I could go. There are other JP bands there that I wanted to see live, too. Would have been great.

Oh, and it's on Dec 28 - 31, of course.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.01 at 11:00 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.01, 12:47 PM   #2
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Yay, thanks for the heads-up, Scribble! I'm excited about this *_*. Some hours ago I was saying something like "I wanna hear some new stuff by them" and now look at this! hahaha! They'll perform on Dec. 30... I hope they'll release something before the festival, tho. A new single, maybe?
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.01, 01:56 PM   #3
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

good find. looks like they will be playing on 12/30th. The question remains to be seen as to whether or not Countdown is playing Osaka this year as well (last time Jihen played they held Countdown simultaneously in Tokyo and Osaka, they played one date at each). This will probably get broadcast. Hopefully we will hear some more news from Jihen before this but the fact that Jihen is showing up and not Ringo says something...
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 06:11 AM   #4
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Where does it say she won't be there with the band? Do you just mean it's weird that she's not also performing solo too? I would assume if it says "Tokyo Jihen," that means the entire band, singer included...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 07:20 AM   #5
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Yeah, he just means the band and not a solo Shiina performance. It implies the solo Shiina run is over (no tour) and band activities have started again.
Old 2009.10.02, 01:18 PM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

C'mon guys, where's all the wktk wktk like the Japanese Ringo/TJ boards? =P The setlist, aside from the inevitable SG songs, is completely up in the air...

Also IIRC Shiina said that after the Sanmon Gossip stuff, she was going to catch up with Ukigumo/Izawa, and that she wants to do live performances ASAP
Old 2009.10.02, 01:30 PM   #7
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
C'mon guys, where's all the wktk wktk like the Japanese Ringo/TJ boards? =P The setlist, aside from the inevitable SG songs, is completely up in the air...
Yeah... OSCA, Kabuki, MaruSadi, Mirrorball, Killer Tune, Senkou Shoujo... It's all about Variety XD... oh, maybe they'll even play Ryuukou with an amazing Uki-rap =P.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.02, 01:51 PM   #8
Scribble R

They couldn't have the nerve to not just do Variety setlist 'again', but to open the NEW DECADE with it -- could they? Variety was completely covered between Spa and SOTC 2!

I think it's gonna be a a mix of Kyouiku(lol)/Adult/Variety stuff. With Rodousha, A New Way to Fly and FROM POINT ZERO. Very new years appropriate

Plus the new Ukizawa single, and a surprise bonus song written by Hata
Old 2009.10.02, 02:07 PM   #9
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Everytime I see this thread I read "Jihad at Countdown Japan" and think "I don't remember committing to that" =p

All Variety all the time and you know it. Save for 1 brand new old Petrolz song bastardised.
Old 2009.10.02, 02:48 PM   #10
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
They couldn't have the nerve to not just do Variety setlist 'again', but to open the NEW DECADE with it -- could they? Variety was completely covered between Spa and SOTC 2!

I think it's gonna be a a mix of Kyouiku(lol)/Adult/Variety stuff. With Rodousha, A New Way to Fly and FROM POINT ZERO. Very new years appropriate

Plus the new Ukizawa single, and a surprise bonus song written by Hata

since its a festival type of gig, they wont have much stage time so if they're attending in full business/promo mode, were going to hear the new single and SG material.

i dont know what BigMama and Ogre You Asshole sound like, but glad to see they will be there!
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote