Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.03.26, 11:09 AM   #41
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

This is cool... I wasn't expecting a fully realized SR album until 2015 anyway. Fills in another part of her discography.

Also I would guess we'd see a little something else later in the year with this being a May release.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.26, 05:04 PM   #42
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

OK, time for a bit of fun (not to be taken TOO seriously)

Heres another crazy theory

-I do agree there will be a second volume of these self covers- why else would there be a~XXX~ title and only 11 songs out of the 30+ she could have chosen from, and also be missing some huge singles in the process?

BUT, I'd like to take this theory further (and maybe lump it into wild theory territory)

-I don't find the whole "Port/Airport" theory too disagreeable, so:
-Is it totally impossible that there is possibility of a second tour of 4 dates *here comes the insane part* 2 in UK, 2 in US.... why? If the first volume is Re-importation, whats to say the second isn't Re-exportation? Why UK and US? Well, she's been there in recent times.

2. And less insane/more of a hope
-If there indeed is 2 volumes- the covers better be similar just with different settings/costume- and Ringo facing the opposite way. That way, when/if the second poster comes out- it can be as awesome as having both the KZK posters.

I should really stop over thinking things I reckon :-p
Old 2014.03.26, 05:29 PM   #43
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I don't know if it's fact, just something I recall reading somewhere on these boards, but didn't Shiina say she would never play in the US? Not that I want this to be true. If Shiina played a show in, most likely NYC, I would be there in a heartbeat.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.26, 05:37 PM   #44
anonlurker

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I don't know if it's fact, just something I recall reading somewhere on these boards, but didn't Shiina say she would never play in the US? Not that I want this to be true. If Shiina played a show in, most likely NYC, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Maybe Marc Jacobs convinced her otherwise? She may have been scoping out venues for viability while she was over there and checking the London venues when she was here for the Olympics.

Tour confirmed.
Old 2014.03.26, 05:59 PM   #45
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
Maybe Marc Jacobs convinced her otherwise? She may have been scoping out venues for viability while she was over there and checking the London venues when she was here for the Olympics.

Tour confirmed.
Electric Mole detectives unite!
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.26, 08:37 PM   #46
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

A question for others that have ordered from CDJapan...

Does your order actually say *External Bonus* in the 'your orders' page? I remember before they updated the site, if you ordered something with an external bonus, it would say it in the item description on the order form.

However, mine doesn't say it (even though I've ordered when "external bonus" was still available on the item listing?). Anyone else noticing this or does yours mention it on your order page?

Edit, looking back on my orders of yore, the actual terminology they used for when you got the external bonus is *First Press Bonus - written in yellow. So yeah, anyone have this written on their order for this Ringo album or have they just stopped doing it. And if so, WHY stop?

Example incase you have no idea what I'm blabbing on about:

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.26 at 09:17 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.26, 09:13 PM   #47
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

It doesn't say anything about the external bonus on my order page, even though the bonus icon and info is still listed on the product page.

I did email them about the poster before it got added to the product listing, and they replied saying that I would get the poster if I ordered.

Edit: Maybe it's not listed in the order history because they forgot to list the poster in the first place? They could've just updated the product page and forgot to add it to whatever database field that would make it show up on the order history as well.

Last edited by mrnarse : 2014.03.26 at 09:19 PM.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.26, 09:23 PM   #48
deadgrandma

It's possible. I'm debating whether or not cancel and reorder (while that "external bonus" logo is there), or if its a big waste of time doing so. I may sound pedantic here, but afterall, the only reason I'm using CDJapan (and their over-priced shipping) is because of the promise of this damn stupid poster :-p
Old 2014.03.26, 09:41 PM   #49
anonlurker

They might be running under a quantity basis with those posters and will just supply as many as they can with first presses. I'd wager that being the case if they weren't specifically promising each purchaser one.
Old 2014.03.26, 10:01 PM   #50
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
the only reason I'm using CDJapan (and their over-priced shipping) is because of the promise of this damn stupid poster :-p
Same here. I have the upcoming Sayuri release preordered there too, along with a couple of older Ringo singles, but I might switch that order over to Amazon. It might cost a few hundred yen more in shipping, but it's so damned awesome to get a package delivered to your door in NY only 40 hours after it leaves their warehouse in Japan. Beats waiting weeks for SAL delivery.

Has anyone checked out the venues for the upcoming concerts? The Yokohama Osanbashi Hall looks crazy. Seems to only seat about 1,200. The Osaka one seats 900.

BTW, I hope your theory about international concerts turns out to be true. I would jump all over a NYC concert.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote