Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.07.10, 07:13 PM   #191
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

They haven't shown any of the single player campaign, so quite a lot!
Old 2007.07.10, 07:18 PM   #192
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

but still, its just about one damn game
Old 2007.07.10, 07:28 PM   #193
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

It's their flagship title though.
Old 2007.07.10, 07:30 PM   #194
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I know, but they just lean on that franchise so much.

Halo 3 is gonna be a bust. I'm callin' it.
Old 2007.07.10, 09:16 PM   #195
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I'll call that.

I don't know poker terms, but I meant to say that I agree with you. I'm hoping I'm wrong though. Maybe they'll have learned from Halo 2.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 09:39 PM   #196
Inaudible-Whisper

To be honest, as disappointing as Halo 2 was (Single player wise) in comparison to Halo 1, it still has an average review score of 94.6%. Plus, judging from the beta, Halo 3 plays much more closely to the first in the way that it feels, which is much better. As for the game [Halo 3], it will be the biggest selling game of 2007, almost guaranteed (Only real competition is GTAIV). I predict that it's average review score will be higher than Halo 2's, and that it will again win numerous Game of the Year awards. Why? Because it is the last in the trilogy. It is the one with the most work put into it (Both Halo 1 and 2 were sped to release by Microsoft), they've had time to iron out any complains people had with the second one, and it should have an epic story, being the end (The main problem with 2 largely were parts of the story, i.e. the arbiter sections and the rushed cliffhanger ending). The single player campaign trailer shown was brilliant, I thought.
Old 2007.07.10, 10:28 PM   #197
Tokyo Jihad

Thou art underestimating the power of the Wii (and Smash Bros Brawl)
However, Halo 3 might be the biggest selling game just cuz thats what you buy yer damn 360 for. Game of the year, however, is certainly sn extreme case of counting chickens before they hatched.
Last in the trilogy relating to quality in a positive way is a great stretch. In fact I think the exact opposite. They had years and years before the xbox existed to work on Halo. Its by far the most ironed one. 3 will likely be the most rushed one cuz they need it to prop the 360 up and get it selling. and fast.
Old 2007.07.11, 05:15 AM   #198
Inaudible-Whisper

Actually, Halo 1 was rushed for the Xbox 1 launch day. They had been working on it a while, but it changed so much from being a mac project early on and it completely changed from being an RTS to a FPS. This is the first Halo game they've been given the time to release it in their own time, when they're good and ready. Nobody is rushing them. If Microsoft had their way, they would have released it to coincide with the PS3 launch.

Why do they need to prop up the 360 and get it selling? The 360 is in, and in some ways has exceeded their target selling predictions. I think a Halo release 2 years into the systems life certainly can't be called a rush job to sell the system. Plus, Halo may be the flagship title, but it certainly isn't the only game people have bought their 360 for. The end of 2007 the 360 has one of the best periods I've ever seen for game releases. Halo 3, GTA:IV, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty 4, PGR4 to name but a few. These are all top AAA titles. I don't think any Wii game will even come close to selling as much as Halo 3, and a system can't run for long on 3 games (Metroid, SSB, Mario). Let's see what other games they've be offering at E3 (Shock, shock, horror, horror, could it be Mario Kart and Animal Crossing?).
Old 2007.07.11, 09:37 AM   #199
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I care for every xbox360 game except Halo 3. I was never fan of the Halo series and this will not change. But Resi5, Assassins creed and Lost Odyssey are indeed awesome!
Nintendo press conference was bullshit. I have a feeling that MP3, Brawl and Galaxy ar the last Nintendo games. After that it's probably non-games for non-gamers

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 10:09 AM   #200
Inaudible-Whisper

Yeah, it was a very poor conference. Only 3 games demoed, Zelda DS, a short Metroid Prime demo and Wii Fitness? In fact, the whole show was almost dedicated to none-game games, ie Brain Training and the like. This is the reason I sold my Wii... at present, there just aren't any solid proper games aside from Zelda, Mario and SSB. It is currently 75% PS2 ports, 15% mini game collections and 10% other. I thought "this is their chance to show what the future holds for the Wii. The 3rd party support. A stronger list of first party games. All I got was a new Mario Kart and Madden game.