Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.07.12, 07:31 PM   #761
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Whew, I'm glad someone else spoke in favor of it first. I don't like the auto-tune (and this was stupid, but I googled "is it possible remove autotune from a song" when I got about 15 seconds in), but after all the trashing the song just got, I was pleasantly surprised by it overall.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.13, 02:40 AM   #762
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

It took a little to catch onto the rhythm at the beginning of the song, but I heard some catchy stuff in there. I look forward to hearing how it sounds live.

Speaking of which, NicoNico Live is hosting an all Ringo stream of live performancess and music videos for an entire week, from the 14th to the 20th, to commemorate the release of the new single next month.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv227444276

They've done this before over the past couple of years, but it's usually only been for a day or two. It'll probably just be streams of her live DVDs and Seiteki Healing compilations, but they sometimes have some extra stuff. I remember seeing a bunch of KZK commercials last time around. Plus, the live user comments running across the stream is fun.

The stream will air a special program on the evening of the 20th with a live performance by Ringo, so we might hear the new stuff live during that.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.13, 12:54 PM   #763
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I can't wait to hear this new song everyone hates. I'm sure I'll love it
Old 2015.07.13, 02:24 PM   #764
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

How can you be sure if you haven't even heard it?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.13, 04:00 PM   #765
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Jihad, it's Noudouteki Sanpunken with autotune and minus any tightness. Plus utter shit horns. And Uki singing.
Old 2015.07.13, 04:21 PM   #766
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Jihad hated Noudoteki Sanpunkan IIRC and liked Sunny. Even his position on the hater scale is unclear =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.13, 07:12 PM   #767
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I don't know. Maybe I've just gotten so used to being disappointed that I'm on the other side where I celebrate the small victories. Everyone else is just catching up to where we were 7-9 years ago.

Is this thing REALLY worse than ANYTHING off of Daihakken??
Old 2015.07.13, 07:21 PM   #768
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Daihakken didn't have autotune.
Old 2015.07.14, 06:15 AM   #769
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Funny how just the fact that a song has autotune makes it bad, rather than if the autotune itself is utilized in a good or bad way.

I enjoy the song. Far from her best though.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.14, 07:12 AM   #770
Tokyo Jihad

What Baruga said.

I wanted to comment on Scribble R's comment: why I liked Sunny, but not Sampukan.

Sampukan was a part of Shiina's "paint by numbers" era. I felt this era was particularly uninspired and maybe in attempt to jump start the creative process, she seemed to pick a style of song. But it never felt like she ever made these songs "hers." They were just kind of generic or corny.

Sunny felt like Shiina was in the drivers seat. Yeah, half the album was old stuff and some of this older material was bland, but the more recent, original work was more interesting - more exciting. More "Shiina Ringo" than most of what we got post-"Ringo no Uta." She felt in command. She wasn't letting some style or collaborator drive.

Sunny has its sore spots. Its not as good as Reimports was. The mastering is extreme, but its no more offensive or incongruous to the material than Reimports (or Kyouiku.)

Sampukan felt labored. Sunny felt invested. That's just my interpretation of what I hear though.