Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.03.03, 07:33 PM   #1
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community
Default Live Tour General Questions

I have a few questions regarding the upcoming tours but that might also apply to other shows as well.

1) All the concerts seem really, really early to me. Is this something normal in Japan? My other guess is that she wants to be there to put Sonata to bed...!

2) Tour merchandise : when / where is it usually sold? Before/after the show? When the doors open or even from earlier? Outside/Inside the main venue (meaning only those with a ticket may purchase stuff)?
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.03, 07:51 PM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
I have a few questions regarding the upcoming tours but that might also apply to other shows as well.

1) All the concerts seem really, really early to me. Is this something normal in Japan? My other guess is that she wants to be there to put Sonata to bed...!

2) Tour merchandise : when / where is it usually sold? Before/after the show? When the doors open or even from earlier? Outside/Inside the main venue (meaning only those with a ticket may purchase stuff)?
1) concerts in japan usually start really early, all of these dates/times seem pretty standard to me. it has it's pros and cons, but the main reason for doing so is to make sure people are able to make trains back home (since most people in japan rely on public transportation inside the major cities). This isn't something singular to Ringo, all concerts generally start sometime 6-8PM and get out around/before 9.

2) depends on the tour and the venue. for utada united anyone, even those without a ticket, could walk up to the merch table, which was outside the venue, and buy merchandise. with YUKI and Amano Tsukiko, they had the table inside and as long as you had a ticket for the show, you were allowed to entire the area to purchase merchandise several hours before the show began and after. my experience with Jihen is that they will grant you access to the merch table the day of the show a few hours before the doors open for the concert, as long as you have a ticket. For YUKI's concert with doors at 6PM, they opened access to the merch table around 1PM. It was a national tour but they still sold out of certain t-shirts by the time I got there. This is because I saw her in Tokyo and they had set a certain amount of shirts aside for each show. This varies based on the artist, with Jihen I've never encountered merch issues, but my advice for you is to show up for your show early, hit the merch table, and hang around/find somewhere to eat, until they let you in. kronekodow will probably update with merchandise info before the tour starts to let the fans know what the drill will be this time around, because it usually varies tour to tour.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.03.03 at 07:54 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.03, 08:12 PM   #3
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Thank you!
That pretty much covers it!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.03, 11:23 PM   #4
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

The EXPO merch. was outside, so possibly the start of a new trend?

(I don't know if that is a normal thing for Saitama Super Arena or not, only having been there once.)
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.04, 09:01 AM   #5
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
The EXPO merch. was outside, so possibly the start of a new trend?

(I don't know if that is a normal thing for Saitama Super Arena or not, only having been there once.)
I don't think so. Ringo EXPO was a massive massive show and the only massive massive show I've been to like that was Utada United, which also had merch outside and available to anyone who walked up. For any regular tour/show, there isn't enough merch to go around like that, but considering the special occassion, they had waaaay too much (and are still selling most of it on kronekodow store!) When I saw YUKI at budokan the merch table was outside but in an area that was restricted to ticket holders.
Old 2010.03.04, 09:01 PM   #6
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

From my exprience :

Anyone can buy the stuffs before and after the concert at a booth outside of concert hall. Even when a booth was inside of concert hall, they sold it at the front of concert hall before the concert, with no checking of ticket.
Old 2010.03.04, 10:51 PM   #7
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by pariscombo View Post

From my exprience :

Anyone can buy the stuffs before and after the concert at a booth outside of concert hall. Even when a booth was inside of concert hall, they sold it at the front of concert hall before the concert, with no checking of ticket.
this has never been the case at any Jihen show I've been too, only at large pop/idol type shows (where they would rather sell a ton of shit over giving concert-goers first dibs). every Jihen show I've been to (in Tokyo) has had the merch table either inside or in an area that is removed so that entrance is granted to those with tickets, either by presenting them to get to the table the day of the show or when they enter to go to the show itself. if your going to the show anyways I wouldn't worry about it, but if you don't have a ticket and just want to stop by to buy goods, I wouldn't waste your time unless kronekodow updates with a general tour goods information bulletin.
Old 2010.03.05, 06:42 AM   #8
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I've heard that most live events render red numbers (is this English?), unless they sell a lot of merchandise - as the merchandise revenue all goes back to the artists. So I guess with that you should probably make as many people able to buy stuff as possible.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.05, 09:13 AM   #9
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I've heard that most live events render red numbers (is this English?), unless they sell a lot of merchandise - as the merchandise revenue all goes back to the artists. So I guess with that you should probably make as many people able to buy stuff as possible.
yeah, you mean they are liable for the profits, which is why it is more often the case that items sell out at live shows (and why whatever is left is added to the online store), unless your a huge pop act like Utada or whatever.
Old 2010.03.05, 09:00 PM   #10
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
this has never been the case at any Jihen show I've been too, only at large pop/idol type shows (where they would rather sell a ton of shit over giving concert-goers first dibs). every Jihen show I've been to (in Tokyo) has had the merch table either inside or in an area that is removed so that entrance is granted to those with tickets, either by presenting them to get to the table the day of the show or when they enter to go to the show itself. if your going to the show anyways I wouldn't worry about it, but if you don't have a ticket and just want to stop by to buy goods, I wouldn't waste your time unless kronekodow updates with a general tour goods information bulletin.
So does it vary with locations, maybe?

The first and second picture is from Just can't help it in Fukuoka. The merch table was inside of concert hall but they sold it, without ticket checking, at the front door of the concert hall before the concert.

The third picture is from Domestic Virgin Line in Osaka Jo hall. They made a booth before the entrance of Osaka Jo hall and anyone could buy the stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (179.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (140.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (193.4 KB, 61 views)