Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.02.17, 11:56 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Thumbs up Possible scenarios and predictions for Tokyo Jihen 2009?

What do you think Tokyo Jihen will do this year? Less unrealistic hopes as in 'Ukigumo leaves the band and Hirama returns', or 'Shiina leaves the band', but predictions based on what we've seen/heard already. I'm guessing that news is on the horizon, so we can compare our predictions with reality and stuff. This isn't just album releases. Anything TJ related.

-- And I meant probable scenarios, not possible --

But yeah.

From an album angle:

1. Shiina Ringo takes over the songwriting again, with the occasional Ukigumo song. Or she takes over the songwriting completely (Takes over the songwriting through and through).

2. VARIETY redux, but with Izawa's songwriting downplayed a bit and more Ringo songs [VARIETY done right, basically, as I feel that Izawa's songwriting ruined VARIETY]. Ukigumo's songs could turn out better, on PETROLZ level.

3. Shiina Ringo and Ukigumo dominated album, but they write songs as a duo, with one or two shitty/average Izawa tracks. Maybe Shiina Ringo and Ukigumo shuffling roles. So Shiina Ringo writes songs that Ukigumo sings, and vice versa. The new Lennon-McCartney (I realise that I shouldn't even make this joke) I could see this working, though, creating stuff that's along the same quality as Ichijiku no Hana.

4. VARIETY redux but Ringo only writes a couple of songs [WORST CASE SCENARIO]

5. A concept album =P

6. Kameda steps up the songwriting, and they come out with a very J-Pop sound

7. The band works extremely close together to produce something awesome

8. The album is called "Mid-Life Crisis", and Shiina Ringo forces them to go back to a Muzai Moratorium/Shouso Strip style [Then again, VARIETY could be considered that, especially since one of them said that it'd be TJ's MM or something]

Song directions:

1. More 'Jazzy' stuff. "OK, we've experimented with VARIETY, let's return to our established 'ADULT' style"

2. Loud rock album with jazz here and there, may be an attempt to return to 'Shiina Ringo roots.' Kyouiku with Phase 2.

3. 'Modern' Traditional Japanese music

4. Japanese Motown. Tokyo Jihen does James Brown. I wouldn't put it past Shiina Ringo and Ukigumo.

5. More stuff along the lines of Kabuki and Omatsuri Sawagi

Other 'events':
- Shiina Ringo doing more songwriting for other artists? Perhaps a GOOD artist this time?

- Shiina Ringo releasing a solo single? Perhaps that song from 20th Anniversary.

- Shiina Ringo solo album with older, unheard material

- Someone leaves the band

Just a bit of fun.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.02.17 at 12:02 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 12:09 PM   #2
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
- Shiina Ringo doing more songwriting for other artists? Perhaps a GOOD artist this time?
I can see them bite you already.

Anyway, what will probably happen:
- Nothing exciting.

This pretty much sums it up and there's plenty of chances I'm 100% right,
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 12:13 PM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I can see them bite you already.

Anyway, what will probably happen:
- Nothing exciting.

This pretty much sums it up and there's plenty of chances I'm 100% right,
Probably.

Bite me for hating TOKIO. I haven't heard much Puffy, but I hear they've been good at some point.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 12:22 PM   #4
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah, I was talking about Puffy =P There are some strong supporters around here.

But really, what I said about "Nothing exciting" is my honest prediction. And I'm not just saying that because it's the general idea in EMF, but because her voice is really becoming, well, not to my liking anymore. And that will affect anything she does, be it KZK 2 or Variety 2.
Her voice is so different from what it was.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 01:10 PM   #5
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Puffy was and is great. They werent the weak link in the song. (production was, before anyone jumps.)
If I wasnt going to back Shinjis statement, id say queit disbandment.
Old 2009.02.17, 01:14 PM   #6
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

worst case scenario- a cover album of western cabaret songs, Burt Bacharach songs, lounge jazz and whatever genres Karada, Sono Onna Fushidara Ni Tsuki and Papaya Mango are.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 01:18 PM   #7
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

She may do a duet with somebody! (outside of the band & the rap song don't count)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 02:01 PM   #8
truefish

truefish pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
worst case scenario- a cover album of western cabaret songs, Burt Bacharach songs, lounge jazz and whatever genres Karada, Sono Onna Fushidara Ni Tsuki and Papaya Mango are.
Worst case? I'll take the worse case
truefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 03:41 PM   #9
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by truefish View Post
Worst case? I'll take the worse case

well, one person's heaven is another person's hell. I should know- I like Boutomin.

welcome to the forums!
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 04:06 PM   #10
truefish

truefish pleased at least somebody

Well then. No matter what she releases, it will be something someone will like. So she should release something.
truefish is offline   Reply With Quote