Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.04.06, 07:33 AM   #81
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

Sorry did I kill this thread?

Here are more information about the concert that I can remember

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Thanks DK Liu. Zettai Zetsumei, Sounan seem interesting.

One question, if you don't mind: Visual effects aside, was the band/Ringo static + 'laid back' a la Spa and Treatment? I'm guessing yes.
Well... you have Izawa's violent head banging during Superstar, which I thought was a bit contrived/excessive, considering that he was playing long drawn out organ chords. I don't quite remember what they were like during Spa & treatment (can't be bothered to check right now). Most of the time they stood still in this order (from left to right): Izawa, Ukigumo, Kameda on a platform at the center back, Shiina, Hata. Kameda often made these slight movements and gestures that looked... how should I say... 'effeminate'. Shiina walked about as per usual during OSCA; they added car engine acceleration sound effect during the speed-change transition of OSCA and 2 (or 4?) guys came onto the stage bearing (race car?) flags and wove them throughout the second part of OSCA.

To Yahiko
Q:did Ringo wear a golden wig a la Shuraba?
A:Yeah something like that
Q:How was OSCA~FOUL transition?
A:can't remember either
Q:was there any audience manifestation around Denpa Tsuushin chorus?
A:what is audience manifestation?
Q:Ariamaru tomi with piano intro??
A:It was with Izawa but it wasn't an acoustic piano sound, the sound is similar to the one used in the TJ performance of Ariamaru Tomi that people here were critising
Q:did sanpunkan had a countdown clock or something?
A:Yes, via projector(?). they switched between a number of different display pattern.
Q:Izawa had a shoulder keyboard around Noriki and it tore off? (utunomiya)
A:see my previous answer
Q:Ringo did Marusadi sidesteps on Utenkekkou?
A:don't remember
Q:How did Senkou Shoujo new arrangement sound like?
A:didn't sound much different (at least to me), they seemed to have tried to reproduce the same arrangement as that of the album
Q:did Ukigumo use a mandolim AND an electric guitar in Kimaru just like the studio ver.??
A:it was a double neck as JM Romeo's answered, don't know if one half of it s mandolin though
Q:In what songs Izawa played guitar?
A:Senkou Shoujo, and maybe something else but I don't remember

Last edited by D.K.Liu : 2010.04.06 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Spoiler-text-ify
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 12:47 PM   #82
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks, D.K. Liu.

(I think what Yahiko meant by audience manifestation is whether the band were shouting Access! (If they were shouting Access! Or they didn't shout Access!) during Denpa Tsushin's chorus.)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 03:46 PM   #83
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Thanks, D.K. Liu.

(I think what Yahiko meant by audience manifestation is whether the band were shouting Access! (If they were shouting Access! Or they didn't shout Access!) during Denpa Tsushin's chorus.)
Or the Incidents were shouting Access! and the audience was like er... OSCA! lol
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.09, 02:52 AM   #84
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

yep xD that was what I meant. thx dkliu!!!!!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.12, 04:11 AM   #85
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

so....no one here has any tickets? I already missed a bunch of dates due to this band being so popular that 4 people calling different numbers and using different websites simultaniously couldnt get a hold of tickets. I am only 1 person now. I would love to go to one of the Tokyo shows since those seem to be the only kanto ones left. I'll even consider going to the Osaka shows and making it back to saitama for work on monday if you have tickets. Can't pay much more than original value but I can bargain with you. Please? I live in Japan so I can see Ringo live.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.23, 09:49 PM   #86
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Just got back yesterday from my trip to Japan.

I still can't believe I saw Jihen live!!!

My show was Nagoya on the 17th and I did not see any other non asian attendee there o_o.

I got to the concert venue at around 3PM for the show (doors at 5h45, show started at 6h30) in hope of buying the merch I wanted, dropping it at my hotel room and being back fresh and bag free for the show... sooo did not happen.

For one thing: the line up for buying merchandise pre-concert was so long.
Name:  tj.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  214.9 KB
This is me at the end of the line that stretched to the end of the building then back at the entrance. I waited for over 2 hours and didn't even get to buy anything!

At 5h15 they closed the doors to everyone, and at 5h45 when they reopened I was not too far along so I was able to buy what I wanted before the show started, phew.

(Btw I took no other photo than that, because I didn't want them to somehow confiscate my camera and the previous 2+weeks worth of Japan pictures... But the only check up they did was to ask me if I had a camera in my purse.)

For a fan club ticket I guess I was expecting a better seat... but it was not bad either. Something like the 4th row of the 2nd floor (which is just like the 2nd half of the ground floor, only elevated 1 meter above it) but on the far far left.

Of course when the show started everybody got up from their seats!
I don't know why but the blonde wig somehow shocked me?
Also the costume they kept on for all of the show until encores was not that pretty - reminded me of deers or something. Lots of fringes in brown/beige colors. However at encores they were all dazzling in white and navy - Ringo looked just like a ballerina with a blue corsage and a white poofy skirt.

As for the show itself - I can't add much more than what was already reported. I liked all the songs. I screamed like mad. I did so much flag waving my arm hurt for the next few days. To me, it was a brilliant show even with a setlist centered on Sports. Kimaru at the end was chilling, with all of them disappearing in the smoke.

Even if I had seen in on DVD, I was still impressed at how the crowd was both responsive, respectful and too still (for my taste!). During the ballads, not a sound could be heard until the first applauses.

Don't know if they did that in other cities, but at one point during the show they showed pictures of Nagoya sightseeing that Izawa and Hata had done the day before... but of course I couldn't understand much of what was said during that time. Ringo at that point was on the side of the stage, not participating in the comments or descriptions at all and rather practicing hand/arm movements. She seemed to be really drained after songs like Ikiru.

It was alltogether a memorable experience that I would repeat anytime!

Good luck lazer... I hope you can make it happen.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.26, 04:16 PM   #87
apples

apples pleased at least somebody

First of all -- Hi everyone! I'm a new member here but I've been a Ringo fan for quite a while. Nice to meet all of you!

I just wanted to provide additional insights on the ULTRA C tour! I have listened to two bootlegs so far so unfortunately I cannot fully appreciate the performance but the songs are great! The tracklist seems to be rather consistent EXCEPT..

I was surfing through some 2ch threads and some people are pointing out that Ringo is HEAVILY favoring Fukuoka (I mean, it's a very important city to her of course). Someone reported that Ringo performed 'Tasogare Naki' (WHAT!!!!!!!!) on 4/21 and 'Calling You' (OST from Baghdad Cafe, sung by Kat Deluna) on 4/22 -- both in Fukuoka Sun Palace.

On 4/8 @ Chiba Prefecture Cultural Center, Ukigumo performed 'Release Me' (Elvis Presley cover). Probably because Chiba is his hometown.. so maybe he wanted to do something special....? is what I'm thinking.

Sadly, on 4/24 it seems that she performed in a smaller venue; that day there were only 2 MC's with Shiina speaking once, and Kameda speaking once. A shame really, since the tickets cost all the same. =/
apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.26, 10:40 PM   #88
ciasin

ciasin pleased at least somebody

Sorry, I googled for more detailed information, and I found that "Calling You" (from Baghdad Cafe)is sung by Jevetta Steele instead of Kat De Luna. Thank you for posting this information anyway!

Looking forward to more special songs in the following lives!!
ciasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.29, 06:09 AM   #89
isxahopas

isxahopas pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by ciasin View Post
"Calling You" (from Baghdad Cafe)is sung by Jevetta Steele instead of Kat De Luna
I'm most familiar with the Jeff Buckley ver... With that in mind, I'll believe Ringo's when I hear it
isxahopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.29, 07:14 AM   #90
MagicSword!

MagicSword! has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Just back from the Hokkaido show, set myself the task of working out what they played without looking up the sets elsewhere first! Kinda pointless since it was pretty much identical but we got gipped out of Toumei Ningen:

1 Kachi-Ikusa
2 FAIR
3 Denpa Tsuushin
4 Season Sayonara
5 OSCA
6 FOUL
7 Ariamaru Tomii
8 Ikiru
9 Zettai Zetsumei
10 Sounan
11 Shuraba
12 Noudouteki Sanpunkan
13 Gaman
14 Superstar
15 Killer Tune
16 Noriki
17 Utenkekkou

18 Sweet Spot
19 Senko Shojo
20 Kimaru

One three-song encore instead of two two-song encores and nothing particularly special (no love for Hokkaido, for shame), but I still came away pretty damn satisfied. It was a really well staged, well paced show, they had a bunch of different tricks (lazer projectors, big screen, crazy descending alarm light column things) that worked really well because they didn't over-use any of them. I mean, both my GF and me felt like it coulda been a lot longer, but for what it was it was great.

Random observations, answers to previous q's, spoiler-texted - loved the keytar in Noriki, and the fake video game in the background / loved the fact that the costumes made it so that the guys were all wearing kind of dresses while Ringo was wearing trousers - tight boot-cut pants that meant she looked awesome when in silhouette / people of course shouting for Ringo but also a few girls shouting for Ukigumo / they barely spoke to the audience at all, just to say thank you a couple of times / don't think they really 'transitioned' between OSCA and FOUL just switched quickly and she sang both through the megaphone-mic / definitely a double neck mandolin-guitar combo / no croud singing in denpa tsuushin, but deafening 'OSCA' shouting / ukigumo didn't play any guitar on Noudouteki Sanpunkan, he just sang, did some band dancing and walked around at the front of the stage.

The stage in the Sapporo venue had a big thrust lip thing that stuck out in front of the 'stage' and up to the audience. The band played on the proper stage, but Ringo often walked down the two steps onto this area and came right up to the front rows - touching hands and posing and acting cool. Kameda and Ukigumo also went down there right up to the audience a few times when they had some solo bits, and during Noriki when Izawa switched to keytar the three of them went down to the front for the cool instrumental bit.
MagicSword! is offline   Reply With Quote