Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.05.15, 07:08 AM   #151
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Name:  01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  75.9 KB
Perfume and Ringo. :O I LOVE THEM ALL. The 2 Japanese musicians who I actually continue to give a shit about. I want all of these pics in a huge photo album. And I need to find out what they talked about.

I think I remember Nocchi saying that she wants to become cool like Ringo when she grows up too. Teehee.

Aaand commercial songs can be cool. I do have low expectations from the most recent singles. But I just have to wait until it comes out. I'm sure there'll be at least some songs I like.

last.fm
Old 2011.05.15, 07:12 AM   #152
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Name:  news_large_tokyojihen_0514tfm.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  57.4 KB

From another radio interview. Source. And yeah, that IS a wig too, LOL.
Old 2011.05.15, 08:19 AM   #153
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Why is there a glass between Ringo/Ukigumo and people?

This seems weird... to me. (I avoid to saying shocking, but I'm actually think it)

Last edited by teattum : 2011.05.15 at 08:22 AM.
Old 2011.05.15, 08:23 AM   #154
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
Probably because it's a radio station, and the glassed-off area was originally meant to be an acoustically-isolated zone more than anything else.
Old 2011.05.15, 08:36 AM   #155
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
really, who cares about this? as far as the music is still good (I know lots of people will say the music isnt good anymore, but I do think it still is)

(wasn't this the thread for the new album?)
Well, I care (it must be 'cause I studied costume design). And you're right, it is a thread for the new album, that's why I asked Nimh if I could make a new thread just to talk about this, instead of using this thread to do so. So, if anyone wants to talk about the aestethics aspect, move on to this new thread: http://forums.electricmole.net/showt...4261#post74261

Oh, and I too think the music is still good
Old 2011.05.15, 08:55 AM   #156
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by teattum View Post

This seems weird... to me. (I avoid to saying shocking, but I'm actually think it)
That's Kameda? would be a big problem on EMF if you have mistaken him as Ukigumo.
Old 2011.05.15, 09:36 AM   #157
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
aha;h;ahahalhshfa;ehig i just saw the perfume pics, this is all barf, my favorite musician wanted to be an idol all along and is trying to get a few years in before its too late. barf barf barf. I am so embarrassed! And if you can excuse this because it's Japan than I barf on Japan which I live in.
Didn't she want to be a back-up singer for Mariah Carey back in the day? I don't know why, but I think that's hilarious.

Also, HOW DARE RINGO ASSOCIATE WITH PERFUME!?!?!? IT'S UNHUMAN AND JUST SO WRONG. Please note the sarcasm because really now, why does it matter? because it doesn't.

Last edited by BlueApple : 2011.05.15 at 01:13 PM. Reason: sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm
Old 2011.05.15, 11:25 AM   #158
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Hey, if she's going to associate with an idol group, Perfume is probably the best (them or SCANDAL). At least Nakata does something interesting and outside the typical idol mold with Perfume.

And honestly, I'm pretty sure Shiina in no way has opinions on music as strong as we do. She isn't that much of a snob, she seems really nice. I bet she listens to popular music.
Old 2011.05.15, 12:12 PM   #159
vielleicht

vielleicht pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
And honestly, I'm pretty sure Shiina in no way has opinions on music as strong as we do. She isn't that much of a snob, she seems really nice. I bet she listens to popular music.
Agree, being an artist who has done both rock and pop, she doesn't seem to have a bias towards the latter. Pop can be good and interesting as well.
Old 2011.05.15, 05:41 PM   #160
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

I took this from sadistic gossip blog:

Q: So far you've produced a lot of exquisite works. Do you have anything that you'll never want to release?
A: No. I'll do anything.

It's an interview from 2009, when she was promoting Sanmon Gossip.
So it's not a surprise for me.

Last edited by jackmanca : 2011.05.15 at 05:46 PM. Reason: error
Closed Thread