Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.17, 10:30 PM   #271
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by chibijelly View Post
I agree.
I also agree. When we hit 30 we can't do anything like we could when we were 18, whether it's drink, fuck, or write music. If nothing else, Shiina seems to be in control of her career and seems to know what she's doing. I don't think we're going to lose her to depression, drugs, or corporate strangulation.
Old 2010.01.18, 12:32 AM   #272
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lse_LQ-1yg
Old 2010.01.18, 02:16 AM   #273
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
I also agree. When we hit 30 we can't do anything like we could when we were 18, whether it's drink, fuck, or write music. If nothing else, Shiina seems to be in control of her career and seems to know what she's doing. I don't think we're going to lose her to depression, drugs, or corporate strangulation.
When I'm 30 I'm going to drink fuck and write music simultaniously better than I did when I was 18 to prove you wrong. Then I'll triple that when I'm 40.

Oh and I'm sorry for bringing up variety again, it was just time to be fair and admit that Variety didn't deserve as much hate from me as it got and that all that hate should have been directed at fukushuu.

And You can complain about B-sides all you want, the fact is, their usually leftovers and aren't really supposed to be as good as the album tracks. If they are its cause they didnt fit the mood (metro would have worked here) or because the artist has so many good songs its ridiculous

Last edited by lazer85 : 2010.01.18 at 02:25 AM.
Old 2010.01.18, 05:32 AM   #274
monad

monad is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
I also agree. When we hit 30 we can't do anything like we could when we were 18, whether it's drink, fuck, or write music.
Neil Young.
Lou Reed.
Yo La Tengo.
Loretta f'in Lynn.
Old 2010.01.18, 07:45 AM   #275
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

30 is not the end of drinking, fucking nor writing music.
Old 2010.01.18, 08:19 AM   #276
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I'm not saying you get worse with age, just that you can't do things the way you could when you were young. Hopefully that means you do them all better, but some people can't deal with the change that comes with aging and either give up or try to constantly relive the past by acting "young."
Old 2010.01.19, 01:01 AM   #277
nappyhead

nappyhead pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by miffunevii View Post
Some way to water the grass or is this a sport I don't know? This must be "Victory" still can't say anything about it yet.
Old 2010.01.19, 03:28 AM   #278
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I don't think that 'old SR' is never coming back, but I think it's futile waiting from album to album for that old sound to return.

I can definitely enjoy the current music, though. What I find funny about this forum though, is that a lot of people seem to be disappointed with the new stuff, but can't seem to agree on the music they're disappointed with (Well, unless it's Variety). I think there's a range of tastes in this forum, so naturally there's going to be conflict if SR suddenly jumps up and changes style, which she has done.
Old 2010.01.19, 11:24 PM   #279
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I don't think that 'old SR' is never coming back, but I think it's futile waiting from album to album for that old sound to return.

I can definitely enjoy the current music, though. What I find funny about this forum though, is that a lot of people seem to be disappointed with the new stuff, but can't seem to agree on the music they're disappointed with (Well, unless it's Variety). I think there's a range of tastes in this forum, so naturally there's going to be conflict if SR suddenly jumps up and changes style, which she has done.

but i forgive variety now!!!!!!
Old 2010.01.20, 06:09 AM   #280
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

By the time I had fully gotten into SR, Variety was already released. Meaning, it didn't make me angry or anything. I just kind of ignored it and listened to the rest of the catalogue, which was fresh back then. Variety is not an awful album, it's just that I feel total indifference while listening to it.

With Sports, let me feel an emotion of some sort, please!
Closed Thread