Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.25, 10:05 AM   #331
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
as long as its same artist I don't think its a big deal ;;cough lady gaga cough;;
Remember that when you derail threads with talk of "soul mates" and KamedaxKen Hirai gay hijinks. Off-topic happens when there's nothing new to talk about on a subject. This place would be pretty damn boring without it.

I'm actually going to pre-order this one based on the leading singles. I skipped Variety due to it's lack of quality, but I don't have that fear for Sports. Of course, it has to compete with the new FAKE? album being released on the same day. I'm curious how FAKE? sounds now after their second major lineup change.
Old 2010.01.25, 10:24 AM   #332
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
So anyway Lady Gaga is better than Shiina Ringo.

Just kidding.
Bad Romance, Telephone > Gibs, Tsumi to Batsu.

naturally
Old 2010.01.25, 10:27 AM   #333
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
^ Tamatebako was SR's most authentic Japanese song, if you ask me. It was written in a Japanese musical scale with traditional instruments and imagery in its lyrics. The way the song echoed the moral of "Sannin Kichisa" and how it relevant it is in modern culture just blows my mind. I think it's one of the best songs of SR's in years, even if it takes a little while to grow on you.
What's the moral of "Sannin Kichisa"? Aren't the lyrics about, like, sleeping babies? How is it so super relevant to modern culture? Just curious here; maybe I missed something.
Old 2010.01.25, 10:41 AM   #334
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
What's the moral of "Sannin Kichisa"? Aren't the lyrics about, like, sleeping babies? How is it so super relevant to modern culture? Just curious here; maybe I missed something.
Maybe Entrynº1 was referring to the whole Pandora's Box thing (well, if that has something to do with Japanese modern culture) (?) XD.
Old 2010.01.25, 02:46 PM   #335
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Tamatebako...so that was supposed to be the song that followed Yukiguni on Adult. Or maybe it was originally part of the original song idea but was edited out for length? No its because it was stepping back into KSK!
huh

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2010.01.25 at 03:00 PM.
Old 2010.01.25, 03:12 PM   #336
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The full Kachi-Ikusa is up!

http://musicpvcom.blog88.fc2.com/blog-entry-602.html

SPOILERZ: Beginning sounds like Loony Tunes.
Old 2010.01.25, 03:16 PM   #337
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

OMG, thanks for posting!!

Edit:
Okay, I think I don't really like it :\... It's so Jackson Five, which was a good thing in Roudousha but not in this case... I guess it will end up growing on me... maybe it won't. I don't feel like listening to it again D:... Bad thing.

Last edited by Orenji : 2010.01.25 at 03:21 PM.
Old 2010.01.25, 03:24 PM   #338
Scribble R

First listen, didn't like it so much...thought the English was awkward. Liked it on the second listen. Actually this is making me look forward to the album.
Old 2010.01.25, 03:48 PM   #339
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

ooh yeah the grammar is awkward. but i'm used to it.

we can only hope she's practicing english so much so she can tour internationally!

the arrangement is really straightforward. thats a bit unusual for them. no fancy piano or guitar fills.

I liked the song from the 15 second clip. there werent any surprises in the full version. the commercial snippet captured the whole feel of the song quite easily.
Old 2010.01.25, 04:15 PM   #340
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

im sorry but if we are passing time in a ringo forum waiting for the next album by talking about HF and hiraiken and kameda being gay lovers, I think it has a LOT more on-topic potential than Lady Gaga, who isn't even related to anything at hand.

kachiikusa is pretty bland, not a big fan, blech.
Closed Thread