Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.01, 01:19 PM   #411
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Oh god that song always made me punchy, for as long as I can remember. That song pisses me off, I can't even explain it. Whyyyyy TJ
Old 2011.06.01, 02:24 PM   #412
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I can imagine that song being another Ringo Izawa duet. As in SSAW =X

I dunno. All the non-music things we know about the album so far (broken symmetry, track titles, album title, album cover) indicate something new and different, but the tracks we've heard do not. This album must be different from Sports in some way (as opposed to same general concept with different songs) and I wonder how.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2011.06.01 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2011.06.01, 03:01 PM   #413
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I dunno. All the non-music things we know about the album so far (broken symmetry, track titles, album title, album cover) indicate something new and different, but the tracks we've heard do not. This album must be different from Sports in some way (as opposed to same general concept with different songs) and I wonder how.
The impression I have of the album so far is (and I hope I'm wrong) that it's kind of a EMI contract induced filler album where they dumped all the tie in singles. I say this because the songs we know of aren't coming together for me at all and it just seems weird to put all of them in one album+a cover song. This brings me back to the speculation about them breaking up...

well, we'll just wait and see.
Old 2011.06.01, 03:35 PM   #414
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
Oh god that song always made me punchy, for as long as I can remember. That song pisses me off, I can't even explain it. Whyyyyy TJ

well in the states, many people call that stuff "elevator music" or what plays on the intercom in the waiting room of the auto dealership while you're waiting to have your tires changed.

Not a bad kind of music. I love bossa nova and that gets lumped into that same classification. oh well!

Homer
Old 2011.06.01, 04:12 PM   #415
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
The impression I have of the album so far is (and I hope I'm wrong) that it's kind of a EMI contract induced filler album where they dumped all the tie in singles. I say this because the songs we know of aren't coming together for me at all and it just seems weird to put all of them in one album+a cover song. This brings me back to the speculation about them breaking up...

well, we'll just wait and see.
I'm prone to reading too much into these things, so don't encourage me . The cover art does make it look like they've come full circle. Also, many of the track titles are child/adult-related (Kyouiku + Adult fusion!)...and there's that weird bit from Nimh's SWITCH summary.

I'd be surprised if Un Homme Et Une Femme is actually a cover song though. It's probably a homage.

Btw, I'm thinking that Welcome to Heaven For the Tube IS one of the versions we've already heard. Tube = Television (or the London Underground haha)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2011.06.01 at 04:35 PM.
Old 2011.06.01, 04:37 PM   #416
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Does anybody else not see how huge of a deal it is that his album has no symmetry at all?

For 11 years Shiina has maintained symmetry on all of her albums (and even some of her singles!). This album has no symmetry whatsoever. I don't know, I feel like this is very, very significant.
Old 2011.06.01, 04:59 PM   #417
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I'm prone to reading too much into these things, so don't encourage me . The cover art does make it look like they've come full circle.
the album cover does look like a 2nd debut album. Daihakken only has the band logo with no text, just like Kyoiku.

if you want to read more into it, it looks like a phoenix emerging from dust. Sanmon gossip type of music is no longer off-limits for the band to play based on "Onnanoko daredemo" (and that album didnt even get a tour) so maybe this is a reinvention of what kind of band they are.

i wont believe it until i hear the whole thing though. I've managed to stay hype-free this far, so I'm not going to have crazy expectations that only set me up for disappointment.
Old 2011.06.01, 05:51 PM   #418
Scribble R

My mind didn't register the lack of text!

I'm not confident that they can live up to all the 'imagery' through eight songs, but yeah -- we'll see.
Old 2011.06.01, 06:43 PM   #419
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

What are people talking about no symmetry? The Japanese titles are symmetrical, no? Im looking at it here- who cares if the translations are symmetrical or not

01 - 天国へようこそ For The Disc
02 - 絶対値対相対値
03 - 新しい文明開化
04 - 電気のない都市
05 - 海底に巣くう男
06 - 禁じられた遊び
07 - ドーパミント! BPM103
08 - 恐るべき大人達
09 - 21世紀宇宙の子
10 - かつては男と女
11 - 空が鳴っている
12 - 風に肖って行け
13 - 女の子は誰でも
BT - 天国へようこそ For The Tube

Looks pretty damn symmetrical to me (if you take away the BPM 103/ignore For the... parts)

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.06.01 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2011.06.01, 07:04 PM   #420
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

It's not symmetry. It's just that all the titles have the same number of characters. The types of characters and the grammar used is not symmetrical.
Even the official English translations of all her other albums were loose because she wanted to maintain symmetry.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2011.06.01 at 07:09 PM.
Closed Thread