Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.15, 03:47 PM   #541
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Not...really?

For one, the tempo is completely different.

It's pretty clearly a cheer song. I think it's justifiably overly-happy.
I dunno man, they both could fit on naruto quite easily...
Old 2011.06.15, 03:47 PM   #542
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I think this person said he/she read the magazine and tehere was sth about Yoake no uta (a talk about?), and TJ will end, there will be solo career again
Okay someone confirm that.
Old 2011.06.15, 03:53 PM   #543
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Lol, Orenji. I bet it was Izawa who said that though (and not SR) =P
Old 2011.06.15, 04:55 PM   #544
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I will admit to be as disillusioned as the rest of the forum, but I actually like this PV and song. its upbeat and quite catchy and we shall see if it lasts longer than a few weeks and I get bored, but so far the work from this album has had longer lasting appeal to me than most of Sports.

2ch should be taken with a grain of salt. Someone posted that Izawa said after the tour the members would return to some solo projects, but he might be referring to himself and Uki. Hata has also been involved in a few projects and Kameda is a pretty well worked producer, so its not necessarily Ringo we are talking about, it is possible the guys have some things lined up to turn to.

Now, the bigger question is if the guys focus on side work after this album will Ringo take the hint and make another solo album or just start Jihen work early?
Old 2011.06.15, 05:19 PM   #545
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I think the main appeal of this album compared to sports is that it really is Wtf. This one should have been called variety
Old 2011.06.15, 05:52 PM   #546
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

so I figured out why I like this video/song

hmmm....

JAM - motto
Old 2011.06.15, 10:12 PM   #547
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Does anyone know what they're talking about on 2ch with the latest issue of MUSICA?
The 2chan comments are a little exaggerated.

I just got MUSICA today. And even though the band is not announcing any breakup, Ringo teases a future breakup announcement near the end of the interview.

She says she understands that Izawa and Ukigumo are young men asking themselves whether there's something else to life besides playing in the band, and if they want to go their separate ways (she called it a "3-piece band," which I assume would include Hata?), she would love to hear their music. But it's not something that's decided. Whatever they want to do would be fine with her.

I think she's just acknowledging reality; there doesn't seem to be any bad blood or anything. If Izawa and Ukigumo are writer/musicians and they want to do their own thing, they should do it sooner rather than later.

Of course, years from now we'll get the "E! Untold Story" version that'll be full of binges, orgies, and betrayals.
Old 2011.06.16, 02:05 AM   #548
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Ok so since we all know that despite all my complaints, this woman and her buddies still make some of my favorite songs.

I am not retracting any negative statements but since we have concluded that the apple herself is sneaking around here from time to time (or at least it's fun to think so), I'll give her a little bit of encouragement as we all know that the best way to be a positive influence is to show some understanding. I also intend on being an inspiration to her one day and perhaps some of you too (for those who are unacquainted with sass, the ego is half sarcastic). I just hate being negative all the time so I'll just babble a bit about what's good:

There are 4 forms of nu-Ringo that I love listening to (I'm talking about post-heisei, when my complaints started).

1 Sexy songs - Some of these are so typical it makes me cringe but after everything their good songs and I can't tell you how sexy I feel after listening to 3pun or Expo Marusan. It must feel great to write a song that not only makes the writer feel sexy but makes the listener feel sexy as well. An accomplishment. Even Kanye needed Twista and Jamie Foxx's help doing it.

2 Electronic - We basically had only heard a bit of this with yokoshitu and a b-side or two, maybe a cover or two. Recently we've been getting one or two an album. I wish we could hear a full album of this.

3 Collabs - and by this a mean SOIL. And Coba. And even Neko (the non-Disney stuff is great and even SOME of the disney stuff passes).

4 The woman who brought us KZK - This may be subjective but I'm talking about the first and last tracks on Sports, Zettai Zetsumei, and a lot of songs I've mentioned above already. I also like the stuff that sounds like the first two Jihen albums like a good half of Sports.

Also, the new video rocks. Just can't help it.

So Ringo, please get over this corporate $$$ stuff by the time I'm ready to collaborate. And shoot me an email if you're feeling the Saitama Blues, I've been there.
Old 2011.06.16, 03:32 AM   #549
vielleicht

vielleicht pleased at least somebody

Is it just me or has she really got somewhat plumper during the last year?
Old 2011.06.16, 07:01 AM   #550
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by vielleicht View Post
Is it just me or has she really got somewhat plumper during the last year?
Let's hope so!
Closed Thread