Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.16, 01:50 PM   #561
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Doesn't Izawa look a bit like Obama?
Old 2011.06.16, 02:47 PM   #562
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Some of them said the new album is kind of Game Over because most of the songs are composed by him. Some questioned why Shiina has given him that much authority to do the new album, etc
Maybe it's her secret agenda for a good reason to fire his ass

Also, You do you know you guys dont have to listen to it.... Nobody has a gun against your head...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.06.16 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2011.06.16, 04:10 PM   #563
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

considering the new album hasn't had credits announced yet, its kind of ludicrous to assume its mostly izawa.

all the best songs on SPORTS were Izawa/Ringo and the better parts of Variety were also Izawa.

I think as a member he is the least active towards fans. he definitely keeps to himself and I don't think he interacts very much with the fan base, which draws resentment. uki, ringo, hata, kameda, they all have performer personalities to a degree, izawa seems more antisocial and I think the japanese fans react to that.

on paper if you want to go for track record Uki is definitely the worst songwriter of the bunch. Kameda's songs have been alright but most of them have been ruined in production.

Hata Ringo Kameda would basically be solo Ringo haha so I'll take it!
Old 2011.06.16, 04:33 PM   #564
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

They're tripping.

Izawa is just as inconsistent as Ukigumo. Izawa also is credited to some of Phase 2's finest work (Tegami, the Osca B-sides).
Old 2011.06.16, 05:34 PM   #565
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Uki has a performer's personality!? Lol, that statement is false. Uki couldn't be more stiff and stoic if her TRIED.

I like both of their work, but I don't think Izawa has had a moment of genius like Kimaru. Izawa still mostly writes song-songs, whereas Uki is considerably more artistic.

Kameda, Hata, and Uki are all friends with Ringo before Jihen was formed. Ringo didn't even know Izawa until she started looking for keyboardists for Phase-2. Therefore, I think Izawa may not fit in the group as well. I mean, we all know how much Kameda and Ringo are BFFL.
Old 2011.06.16, 05:43 PM   #566
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Maybe it's her secret agenda for a good reason to fire his ass

Also, You do you know you guys dont have to listen to it.... Nobody has a gun against your head...

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
considering the new album hasn't had credits announced yet, its kind of ludicrous to assume its mostly izawa.
Not true.
All the lyrics and the credits were out on those Japanese Chaku-Uta sites, and some people have copied and made it published already.

And for Ukigumo, the worst ones I would say are Boutomin and Karada, which in my opinion:

Karada >>> Boutomin >>>>>>>>>>>> Atarashii Bunmei Kaika >>>>> Kronekodow >>>>> SSAW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dopamint!
Old 2011.06.16, 06:04 PM   #567
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

All the lyrics and the credits were out on those Japanese Chaku-Uta sites, and some people have copied and made it published already.
....and....???

TurtleFu, I think what Neko meant was that Uki makes an ass of himself from time to time. Like the spazzy air guitar in the video, wacky hairdos, and the Himitsu For DJ. All those traits similar to Kameda. Izawa doesn't make a show around himself so much and just sorta plays his role.
Old 2011.06.16, 06:11 PM   #568
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

If Izawa songs are dominant in the new album, why cant it be because the band voted them in as being the ones they really like and he happened to be the composer?

they already said in interview that they frankly tell one another which material sucks during rehearsals.
Old 2011.06.16, 06:12 PM   #569
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

http://yokyou.tistory.com/145

Click more for the lyrics.
Old 2011.06.16, 06:17 PM   #570
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Not true.

And for Ukigumo, the worst ones I would say are Boutomin and Karada, which in my opinion:

Karada >>> Boutomin >>>>>>>>>>>> Atarashii Bunmei Kaika >>>>> Kronekodow >>>>> SSAW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dopamint!
Lack of trigger discipline. Must... not... rage...

I don't think that fans should rage at Izawa for not interacting with them. The man likes to do his own stuff, what can I say.

And if most songs are from Izawa, wouldn't that mean that Ringo's songs suck?

I think Tokyo Jihen is a very progressive band. They want new sounds for every album. So, one of them might do better at a specific genre, in this case Izawa is the best man at the job.
Closed Thread