Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.06.23, 10:09 AM   #701
spinnigold

spinnigold is headed in the right direction

I must have dreamed those several posts about how the music would probably/hopefully be different this time around based on those winter-themed photos and her post-earthquake comments.

Of course this anime inspired direction is not a surprise. That is worth complaining about. You've been here long enough to remember the days when the Phase 2 supporters were chastising us old timers for wanting "SS rehashes" instead of below par stuff like Variety. It would be completely hypocritical to completely accept "Sports V.2" and not to complain about it, right?
Yeah, that wasn't negative at all.
You may not think you're being negative, but it really comes off as that.

I think our comments are much gentler compared with the ones on 2ch (The quotes that I made were all from 2ch).
I am sorry if you are offended spinny.
(Who the heck is Spinny? lol)
I'm not offended, it would just be nice one day to come here and see at least one page where no one goes 'THIS IS INADEQUATE' or similar. Silly me thinking this was a fan forum :/
More because I really don't get why people come to a fan forum if they act....like nothing the person they like does is good enough. Constructive is fine, but...it's normally just objective presented as fact.
Old 2011.06.23, 10:26 AM   #702
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

^ I think Ringo supporters can be divided into 3 types:

1. Those who have already given up on her because she has lost her magic together with her mole. Still deeply in love with her old stuff so they decide not to care about the new releases (justriiingo, chobbie?)

2. Those who always make complaints because they still care about the current Ringo. They hope in vain that another classic masterpiece would appear someday. Not an album, maybe just one fucking gold song is already good enough. (Maou, Jihad, Scribble?)

3. Those who basically love all of her stuff. If it's not all, then sure it is 99% (deadgrandma, W3iHong?)

There's one similiarity in these 3 categories:
We all love Ringo. damn much.
Old 2011.06.23, 10:33 AM   #703
SoulExperience

SoulExperience is an asset to this community

I really don't understand the hate behind Ukigumo...

Constant bitchers should know that EMF has a bad rep for that reason. You make this a negative place for fans to come and express their feelings. There is nothing but negativity in most of these newer threads. Yes, there have been positive comments, but how easy is it to see those with all of the negative posts? It really is a little unfair for newcomers and fans in general.

What's the point of even coming here and making multiple negative comments if you don't like modern shiina/jihen music? I truly don't understand that. If you have nothing good to say, at least say it once and leave it at that. You can only let yourself continue to get so unhappy and bitter.
Old 2011.06.23, 11:22 AM   #704
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by spinnigold View Post
Yeah, that wasn't negative at all.
You may not think you're being negative, but it really comes off as that.
It really wasn't. Pointing out the hypocrisy and false hopes of members here in response to someone whining about nonexistent complaints is not being negative. At least, no more negative than you complaining about complainers instead of talking about the positives of the music. And yes, you can find plenty of better examples of me being a hypocrite/negative if you look around. I'm trash and I get what I deserve.

Solution: Take your own advice. Be positive and get your voice heard. People with the "negative" attitudes have strong voices. Point out the positives of a song with a similar strong voice as the "haters". You won't be ignored and you won't be forgotten. You can't have a good discussion without two differing points of view.

And really, complaining about "haters" and "negativity" just means you don't have a valid defense against the "negative criticism" being tossed around. I could just as easily call you a "Maou hater" and be done with it.

Last edited by Maou : 2011.06.23 at 11:29 AM.
Old 2011.06.23, 12:53 PM   #705
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

Denpa Tsuushin + Noriki, anyone? Maybe a bit too generic, but I don't dislike it. They've done worse than this.
Old 2011.06.23, 01:03 PM   #706
Maou

^ That's essentially what I said and got heat for it. Though, I do like both Denpa Tsuushin and Noriki better than this song, I can't say it's any better or worse than them.
Old 2011.06.23, 01:12 PM   #707
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I like this song

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2011.06.23, 01:25 PM   #708
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Can anyone translate a few 2ch comments? They sound pretty hilarious. The only thing I can understand from google translate is that they have a long running thread titled "Utada Hikaru vs. Shiina Ringo big boobs confrontation". Oh and years ago when I was browsing some thread I saw complaints about foreign men saying they want to marry Ringo in youtube comments. Shame on you guys.

Originally Posted by mr. Pillow View Post
Denpa Tsuushin + Noriki, anyone?
Definitely!
Old 2011.06.23, 01:38 PM   #709
Maou

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
The only thing I can understand from google translate is that they have a long running thread titled "Utada Hikaru vs. Shiina Ringo big boobs confrontation".
What is this? I've had an Utada Hikaru poster hanging in my room for nine years now and I've never noticed anything exceptional about her bust. Granted I haven't seen any other pictures of her in those nine years, but still. Has something changed?

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I like this song
And all is right with the world.
Old 2011.06.23, 01:54 PM   #710
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
^ I think Ringo supporters can be divided into 3 types:

1. Those who have already given up on her because she has lost her magic together with her mole. Still deeply in love with her old stuff so they decide not to care about the new releases (justriiingo, chobbie?)

2. Those who always make complaints because they still care about the current Ringo. They hope in vain that another classic masterpiece would appear someday. Not an album, maybe just one fucking gold song is already good enough. (Maou, Jihad, Scribble?)
I am incredibly happy to be properly categorized.

However,
Originally Posted by Orenji
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
3. Those who basically love all of her stuff. If it's not all, then sure it is 99% (deadgrandma, W3iHong?)

There's one similiarity in these 3 categories:
We all love Ringo. damn much.
I think we could use some work on that last category.