Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.05.20, 06:30 AM   #41
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Did I say Scar? I meant Mellow. How the hell did I get them mixed up
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.20, 09:49 AM   #42
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

MaruSadi = Fuji Rock ver.

Yes! It has the guitar intro from the Dynamite In practice session.
Old 2011.05.20, 10:56 AM   #43
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

When I first watched Ultra C and I saw the Ikiru live version, I swear that I was paralyzed! 'Cause in the studio album it has another mood, but in Ultra C her voice has this opera thing going, and I love the lyrics AND its twin song, Kimaru, also one of the best performances. I almost used in a performance I was going to do as actress, but the performance didn't took place, but I still want to use Ikiru and Kimaru in some play. Maybe I start acting again just because of these 2 songs.

Ikiru - Ultra C

Kimaru - Ultra C

when she sings the last phrase gives me the chills!

Talking about live versions, can anyone answer this: Did Shiina ever performed Shuukyou live? (besides the expo version with the orchestra).
Old 2011.05.20, 12:06 PM   #44
Maou

Three more definitive lives from the Fuji Rock 2004 show are Ekimae, Sounan and Kabukichou. Only you could pull off that version of Kabukichou, Phase 1. As for Ekimae, it beats the DO version just because Hirama played his parts with the right effects. Sounded like ass on DO. I'm a bit curious about the ending though. It has the same ending as DO, but this live took place before Kyouiku came out. Why leave that ending off the album if it already existed when it's so much better than the album's fade out? Lame.

Originally Posted by jackmanca View Post
Talking about live versions, can anyone answer this: Did Shiina ever performed Shuukyou live? (besides the expo version with the orchestra).
No, she hasn't and you have no idea how disappointing Shuukyou being only an instrumental was as somebody who attended the opening show.
Old 2011.05.20, 12:21 PM   #45
jackmanca

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'm a bit curious about the ending though. It has the same ending as DO, but this live took place before Kyouiku came out. Why leave that ending off the album if it already existed when it's so much better than the album's fade out? Lame.

No, she hasn't and you have no idea how disappointing Shuukyou being only an instrumental was as somebody who attended the opening show.
Maybe they kept the ending as a surprise element. Or maybe because its twin song, Sonan, also ended fading away.

And Shuukyou it's so beautiful. Too bad she didn't performed it live
Old 2011.05.20, 12:33 PM   #46
Maou

^ Which is also weird because during the album's fade of Sounan, you can hear them going into another jam session after Hirama's solo. I always hoped they would play that extended part live, but they never did.
Old 2011.05.20, 12:44 PM   #47
jackmanca

Oh, I thought that was just Hirama continuing his solo...

Maybe they're just crazy
Old 2011.05.20, 01:43 PM   #48
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'd love to hear a compelling persuasive argument from someone that says Phase 2 has better chemistry than the original Tokyo Jihen did.
I dont want to hear the fuji rock show because of this. I've moved on, these wounds had healed =(
Old 2011.05.20, 02:11 PM   #49
jackmanca

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I'd love to hear a compelling persuasive argument from someone that says Phase 2 has better chemistry than the original Tokyo Jihen did.
I dont want to hear the fuji rock show because of this. I've moved on, these wounds had healed =(
Well, I'm a defender of phase 2, but I don't think they have the same/better chemistry than phase 1 (nor phase 2 is better), and it's a natural thing. Because they're different people, so we will never have what phase 1 had again. As Metallica says: Sad but true. But they left they're mark in Tokyo Jihen, and this will be forever. I miss phase 1 too, but then I go and listen their lives and I'm happy again. Phase 2 has a different taste, but I love it's taste too.

(Don't know if I was persuasive or not, but it wasn't my objective really, so that's okay =D)
Old 2011.05.20, 02:52 PM   #50
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

So ANYWAYS (changing the topic-fu!)

I'm really torn about Service. On one hand, Dynamite Service is crazy, chaotic and Shiina is on full-out diva mode. On the other hand, Just Can't Help It. Service is probably one of the most silly, fun performances she's ever done. JCHI Service makes me laugh. It was the highlight of JCHI.

Yokushitsu is the same. Zazen has it's own feel, but I think Expo is more complex with the full orchestra. I also like the apple thing she did. But, for Expo she seems distant while Zazen is more connected to the audience.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote