Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.08.15, 12:44 PM   #181
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

so today was Jihen. tomorrow is solo? Oh god. Brace yall selves.

Old 2008.08.15, 01:12 PM   #182
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

well the set at SoC should be longer. I am thinking Jihen will play last since it is there last show and members of the other bands are going to mix it up and do some fun stuff hopefully, so even if it a similar setlist hopefully they will add some spice to it. It has been said that Ringo is very nervous when she performs for large crowds who aren't necessarily her fans. That is why her performances tend to be hit or miss sometimes. RS is such a huge show and I'm sure, superstar though she is, she is probably nervous so they play it conservative and put on a solid show that will satisfy casual and non-fans while engaging those who are there to see them, hence the recent material. SoC however is a private pretty much fan-only show, so I'm expecting something a little more adventurous, I'm going to put my blind faith in them and just hold out for it. I'm interested to see what Ringo does solo today....although I don't think it will reflect her solo shows that lay 3 months away...I think for her solo shows she is really going to gear up and work hard this fall to put on something worth everyone's expectations. So if we get Elevator Honnou again tomorrow I'll be a bit let down but I'm going to write off the solo shows quite yet

in somewhat related news, but not worth its own thread, I just got mail from fanclub that they are launcing the mobile kronekodow, kronekodow pocket. the preview site will launch sometime today at www.pre.kronekodow.com with a full launch sometime mid September. This site will allow people to pay a fee to be registered users (separate from ringohan) where there will be special downloadable content such as movies, flash, full chaku uta, cell phone themes, all sorts of goodies, plus free stuff for non-members and a special corner for Ringohan (in addition to Ringohan's regular site). This is of course a site just for cell phones. If you register they are going to have *another* lottery for the solo show's tickets, they haven't said what type yet though, so it might only be S type. So if people have japanese cell phones they might want to check it out!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.15, 02:26 PM   #183
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I'm interested to see what Ringo does solo today....although I don't think it will reflect her solo shows that lay 3 months away...I think for her solo shows she is really going to gear up and work hard this fall to put on something worth everyone's expectations. So if we get Elevator Honnou again tomorrow I'll be a bit let down but I'm going to write off the solo shows quite yet
I agree. The fall shows are going to be completely different and mind blowing. Any word on the band yet? Kameda was said to be involved, right? I'm hoping for Asai Kenichi or Aida Shigekazu on guitar.
Old 2008.08.15, 02:34 PM   #184
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

iPhase3!
Old 2008.08.15, 04:24 PM   #185
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I tried the site yesterday, and yes you can register with a normal web browser but as soon as you get to the site you're thrown to the normal web site. Which means that it's likely just a matter of faking the user agent string sent to the web server, and it should be all right. I registered with my phone yesterday.. and got a gift (sikret) (ok it's just a kronekodow logo bg for myphone, kinda matches the sticker i put on the backside)

edit 2: i heard that kameda will not play with Ringo today (he's back in tokyo)

Last edited by Jonny : 2008.08.15 at 04:57 PM. Reason: oh and the url is pre.kronekodow.com
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.15, 05:05 PM   #186
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I hope he took the rest of the band with him.
And locked Saitou Neko far away.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.15, 05:21 PM   #187
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
edit 2: i heard that kameda will not play with Ringo today (he's back in tokyo)
Old 2008.08.15, 06:16 PM   #188
oki-ringo

oki-ringo pleased at least somebody

oi! in here at RSR and its a blast. I want to meet up with some more EM people though..email my phone at -------------to meet up..
if thats not an option, i will be standing in front of the pocari sweat earth tent @ 1300 to 1330 ish....american person with a The Back Horn shirt and shorts and flip flops! cant miss me.

edit: also, the guitar was the Vox Mark 4(?). but it wasnt all white like the one in the just cant help it dvd. it was black around the outside of the body. i was severely dissapointed by the guitar playing for TJ..but meh..the show was bad ass. They did a different version of Kuroi Nekko.shiina had like a clown horn lol. it was funny.

Last edited by oki-ringo : 2008.08.26 at 12:44 PM.
oki-ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.15, 11:27 PM   #189
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Anyone know when and what channel these performances will be on Japanese TV?
So bummed I couldn't go.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.16, 05:55 AM   #190
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Ringo update!

Ok, HF-haters, brace yourselves.

I kinda knew we weren't getting no legendary rock show when I saw them set the stage up for Ringo, and all I saw was a piano, and a couple of stands for score sheets. True enough, for most of the show, she performed at the piano, accompanied with a string quartet led by Saito Neko.

It was, however, an AWESOME show. Like, words do not begin to describe the sheer magic that was tonight. If the crowd during TJ was a chaotic mob, tonight the queen took reign, and everyone was just.....sucked into her world of nothing but pure music.

She looked gorgeous (this is starting to become a cliche) wearing this white coat over a white blouse and what looked like a short black skirt/shorts. Her voice was also in excellent shape tonight. Just the right amount of restrain and emotion in every single note. I think I forgot to breathe at certain moments.

She opened with a cover we have yet to hear so far, called 'What's it all about', by Burt Bacharach, from the movie Alfie. It was a BEAUTIFUL cover. The strings, her voice, the cold wind, everything. It was just one of those moments, you just had to be there.

She did another cover somewhere along the line called 'You'. It sounds like another of those classics, but I can't place the song, so maybe someone else who was there can help me out here.

What else? She did a rather eclectic selection of her own material. She finally sang a song off Kyouiku that ISN'T Yume no ato or Ringo no uta - She did a rather rousing rendition of Ekimae. That wasn't the only Jihen song she did; she also did a very nice string version of Keshou naoshi.

They also, predictably, did Stem, but they revised the arrangement considerably such that it resembles the KSK/Electric Mole version more so than the HF version, which was VERRRRRRY nice.

They closed the set with 'Onaji yoru', this time with just Saito on keys, and Ringo singing. Beautiful end to a beautiful set.

This honestly just BLOWS the TJ show last night out of the water. I know there are gonna be many people who are disappointed that she didnt rock out - I was too, initially. But after tonight's show, I havent the slightest doubt that THIS is what she really enjoys doing. And you could see she was Really happy to be there, just doing her thing, and you can feel it in the music too.

I dunno man, this is one of those nights I'm never gonna forget. Magic, just sheer magic.

Setlist:
1. Alfie (apparently that's the correct title, after some googling)
2. Poltergeist
3. Keshou naoshi
4. Tsumi to batsu
5. Torikoshi gurou
6. You
7. Ekimae
8. Kabukichou no joou
9. Stem
10. Onaji yoru

Oki-ringo! your message reached me late! Haha. I kinda gave back horn and yura yura teikoku a miss - too shagged out from everything else, gonna turn in early and head back to Tokyo tomorrow. This has been an awesome trip - Emil, cannot thank you enough for making this happen! =D

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2008.08.16 at 06:39 AM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote