Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.08.23, 07:37 PM   #321
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm sick of Marunouchi Sadistic. I didn't even think it was particularly great in MM. Play Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo!!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.23, 07:45 PM   #322
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Why doesn't she play that song??

It's totally up her alley these days (and isn't played to death -- Onaji Yoru)
Old 2008.08.23, 07:59 PM   #323
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I think Marunouchi is like the -definitive- Jihen song, with all its references to places in Tokyo. I will never get sick of it, so I guess I'm not complaining.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.23, 09:03 PM   #324
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

okay, so I am just getting ready to head out to go to night two in a few minutes. Yahiko beat me with the set list, I don't remember it entirely, but I do remember it felt quite short and when Hata announced the last song everyone was like NOOOOOOO haha.

The entire thing was filmed for tv, there were multiple cameras all around the stage, in the crowd, outside, inside, etc etc. It will air as a 3 hour program in October, so since there are a total of 5 bands we can expect to see not the entire setlist of each but most of it.

Between Scoobie Doo and The Elephant Kashmashi Ringo and Mukai came out and sang Kimochi on acoustic guitar. Between Kashimashi and Jihen the guitarist and bassist from Scoobie Doo and the saxophone and bugle players from Soil and Pimp Sessions came out and jammed for almost 10 minutes straight.

This was the first time I had heard a lot of the Variety songs live and while I was hoping they would play some Kyouiku or Adult, I had a very good time. Ringo seemed to be in a good mood, she was smiling and seemed relaxed, which is nice. BB Queen was a lot of fun. I was right down in the center front of the pit and the crowd was insane so it was a lot of fun to jump around to OSCA. A lot of these songs definitely seem like live songs to me, you guys may be disappointed about reading a set list online but being there the set list could be 3 hours of my least favorite song and I would still have a good time just watching the band have fun.

In an unrelated note, Hirama Mikio was there as the support special guitarist for the Elephant Kashimashi. His hair is cut shorter now, around his jawline/shoulders, so I was like hey is that Hirama?

I'm going tonight again but I expect the setlist to be the same with 1 or 2 small variations. If I had to guess I'd say they will probably swap one of the first songs like BB Queen or Ramp for another song off Variety or the b-sides like Pinocchio.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.23, 09:10 PM   #325
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
In an unrelated note, Hirama Mikio was there as the support special guitarist for the Elephant Kashimashi.
MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF THIS RSR/SOC SPAN!
Old 2008.08.23, 09:34 PM   #326
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

OMG ELEPHANT KASHIMASHI! I EFFING LOVE THEM!

Sidenote: I quite agree about the whole live experience elevating the songs, actually. Like Ramp/Lamp - It was one of my least favourite songs on Variety, but hearing it live really changed my opinion of it.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.24, 02:05 AM   #327
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Hey, who predicted that the people who actually went there loved the set-list?
I mean, if I saw Ringo happy about singing shitty songs that she thinks are great, even I would have loved the set-list. ...Or would I?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.24, 02:47 AM   #328
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I enjoyed it very much. Kimochi was such a sweet surprise. The pit was insane, like having hellfire rained down on you, and then some... for three hours (or more?) From the stage, Ringo watched my eyes like 15 seconds straight, and we were smiling at each other. I was right next to kuro. We were two shining lighthouses in a sea of black heads.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.24, 02:50 AM   #329
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Ringo watched my eyes like 15 seconds straight, and we were smiling at each other.
I just felt like singling that line out!

what a magical moment that must have been
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.24, 03:22 AM   #330
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm not sure about that.
I mean, you know more than me, you *were* there.
But I've been to some concerts where I *thought* the same had happened, but it just *looks* that way. And most of my friends, who are like, concert-addicteds, for the lack of a better expression, tell me that's a common thing to think.
It's usually misleading, because the stage as a lot of light and the crowd is, literaly, in the dark, so if you were to go up on the stage and look to the crowd, you would more likely be blinded by the amount of light. Really, just try going up on a stage, even if it's a theatre play or something: that's what happens.
Even easier, try looking to the dark.
And besides, I don't know how far the stage was from you or the crowd in general, but if it's relatively far, even if she looks at a single spot in the crowd, at least 20 people will say she was looking at them. That's perspective at work.

However, I cant be really sure about what happened to you, because, well, being a gaijin in a crowd of japanese fans might make a difference.
But the fact that mostly everyone who went to RSR, and posted here, told that Ringo had looked in their eyes... makes me wonder a lot.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote