Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.15, 02:06 PM   #21
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Omg this is so awesome in so many ways!!! >_<. I was surprised that they did a more "chill" version of the songs instead of the "death jazz" affair.

Paris, vous êtes mon héros!

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2008.07.15 at 02:27 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.15, 02:44 PM   #22
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I know its unlikely, but I really hope this isn't what Shiina trots out for RSR.

Honnou (Elevator music version.) Its all the things you loved about the original, minus the things your 70 year old grandparent would complain too much about.

(It wasn't "bad" but lets be real...)

Altho, i think this serves as a reality check (for me.) As much of a high of Mellow/Zazen put us on. This is the Shiina we're dealing with, and it 100% wouldn't be surprising for her RSR set to consist of this. Because, lets face it, this the crap she insists on now.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.07.15 at 03:06 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.15, 05:47 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by miffunevii View Post
Having various talented people from the fields of music, film, art, theater and sports in the studio, the program introduces their attraction through interviews and live performances. This week's guest is musician Ringo Shiina who has established a strong presence in the industry with her eccentric style. She talks about the pain of being caught between people's expectations and her goal, looks back to her past songs and reveals her passion for music.
This is interesting. Now I really wish I could watch and understand that show. I hadn't heard of her feeling pressured by many other people beside EMF in terms of her goal. I wonder what that's all about.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2008.07.15 at 05:49 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 2008.07.15, 05:51 PM   #24
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

at some point of this honnou it souns like she would sing himitsu... it would be a nice medley!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.15, 05:58 PM   #25
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ugh... Honnou wasn't very good.
Yume no Ato was good though!

I think this jazz thing has run its course. I'm pretty over it now. I want electro or something! Something like Hatsukoi Shoujo and Oiran. plsplsplspls
Old 2008.07.15, 06:55 PM   #26
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I agree, I'm sooooooo over this whole jazz phase. like it is okay for TJ to play in this style for songs from the Adult period...but please, we have moved past this a million years ago. Don't take kickass songs like Honnou and make them shitty by turning them into boring elevator music so you can sing easy vocals. This is really Ringo being lazy.

If this is what we are going to get at her 10th anniversary solo show you bet your ass there are going to be a lot of very very angry customers...I can see it now..the Saitama Super Hall Massacre....people are going to be coming out of the woodwork to see her solo show, people who are casual Ringo fans and those who don't like TJ but liked her debut material. So if she is going to sing like this at that show, you bet your ass it won't fly. As for RSR who knows. People are saying this is the new band, is it really? Are we sure this is who she will be using to play her solo gig at RSR and then later at her solo shows even? Either way they are playing together at Society of the Citizens with Tokyo Jihen...

RINGO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SUCK
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.15, 07:00 PM   #27
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh. I even applied for 2 tickets to the audience. (And totally failed winning obviously).
And then forgot to watch it last Monday.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.15, 08:49 PM   #28
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Really makes me wonder why Yume no Ato is the only Jihen song she performs solo
Old 2008.07.15, 09:05 PM   #29
HEDOfloe

^ Because it's flippin' awesome, Duh! But that's a good point. I hadn't thought about that. Odd.
Old 2008.07.16, 01:38 AM   #30
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

As much as I like SAPS, and as much as I used to like SR, strangely, there was never a successful collaboration between them.

I think I have that NHK channel at home actually... gonna try to catch the program tonight if I can.

Oh, and SR's earrings are awesome. I think that's the only thing that has remained constant over the years... her awesome taste in earrings.