Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.16, 07:31 AM   #41
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

No because you just grilled her performance here.

one of us! one of us!

Maybe I should ammend the second type as "Everything is Love!"

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.07.16 at 07:35 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 07:43 AM   #42
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Relief..!! i though i was about to be categorized
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 08:07 AM   #43
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
ill tell you why she sucks and why this "calm" version of her is unacceptable. for HF the album was arranged with an orchestra, so doing slower versions of the song was totally acceptable as it fit the album. Doing Adult and then taking older songs and rearranging them to match the style, makes sense. Then she took a back seat on Variety and pretty much let the boys go at it, so I don't see how anyone can claim she is "stressed" and needs "calm" when she hasn't done much to warrant it. but then she comes out with her new b-side collection and it has tracks on it showcasing the old, badass ringo and she performs lives and takes 3 songs, two of which have been beaten to death in the last two phases, and a badass song and murders that, and it is supposed to sell her album? Who is going to want to buy it after listening to that? The casual fan is going to listen and say "oh, so on her new album we can hear 3 songs we have heard beaten to death these past few years, and crappy elevator versions of great songs rearranged and murdered"

this solo phase better amp up the power soon cuz right now she is sucking pretty hardcore. this isn't no mellow/fukou jiman ringo. and if that is what she is selling, she better at least deliver, cuz if she performs elevator fukou jiman that spells the end folks.
I couldn't be more agreed with you, baby boy.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 08:53 AM   #44
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I hope so much she is doing all this to amaze us when she really came back, with fresh rawk stuff.
and we'll love her again, and she'll look at us (in the cd covers, magazines and lives) thinking "AHAA you thought that I was death"

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 09:04 AM   #45
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

it almost seems like she's supposed to wear a leisure suit while singing these. Or is what she's wearing the female version of that?

Anyway, I actually liked bits of it but it pains me that she looks so BORED while singing though it might be her 'weary jazz singer' stage act.

edit: wait wait... are those genie pants?
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 09:41 AM   #46
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I can't believe she sucks for doing jazz. What's the world coming to?

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
^ She's sucking because she's at a downpoint in her career. We need the rock goddess Shiina back, we like nice kimono and cocktail dress wearing Shiina, but she's been here for way too long and she's worn out her welcome.
I don't see how she's at a "downpoint." No one's going to judge her career by some slower arrangements on a TV show.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2008.07.16 at 09:48 AM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 10:05 AM   #47
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I can't believe she sucks for doing jazz. What's the world coming to?

I don't see how she's at a "downpoint." No one's going to judge her career by some slower arrangements on a TV show.
Who the hell is judging her from one show? It's been like this for awhile, Hedo. There's no doubt that she is at a downpoint right now, you have to compare her current output to her career output, that's how you get the "downpoint" assessment.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 10:47 AM   #48
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, this is the very first time anyone's complained about her constant and incessant persistence with jazz -- let alone anyone saying she sucks now. :eng101:
Old 2008.07.16, 12:57 PM   #49
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

of course she gets letters from fans saying "we like it when you cover" "let us hear other jihen members write" because she keeps on releasing mellow, strung-out, shit-tastic versions of her old hits that disappoint even her core fanbase. If I ever hear her sing Gibusu in this style...oh man...

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Well, maybe I'm putting a bit of my restlessness into Ringo, but I think that having to deal with a _variety_ of fans like she does, may stress one's head. Really, she received letters from fans saying they prefer when she covers than when she sings her own songs (can you believe that? :x).
She has to deal with her son, also.
I believe she actually wants to return to her old days, but having so many opinions and pressure over her, might make her uneasy about "what to do" next. "Should I stay like this, should I change, should I go mainstream?".

Really, this is all me speculating, but one thing I think is true: she is bored with it all.
One thing that would help us, would be her telling us "what the fuck" is she doing and what is she planning to do.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.16, 12:58 PM   #50
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
it almost seems like she's supposed to wear a leisure suit while singing these. Or is what she's wearing the female version of that?

Anyway, I actually liked bits of it but it pains me that she looks so BORED while singing though it might be her 'weary jazz singer' stage act.

edit: wait wait... are those genie pants?
Don't knock the leisure suit. Maki rocked it:
Name:  367823724_d3fdc2c666.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  100.0 KB

I am also not a fan of the "bored" look either, and can't tell if it is just part of the act or if she really is that bored. Either way, even I will admit it is getting old. One of the things I liked about Spa & Treatment was seeing her smiling so much, but she also would slip in and out of the bored look there quite often. Looking back to some older concerts, like EM and yes even DO,I see some of that bored look as well, as if it is an ingrained part of her stage persona. But the music of EM and especially DO was up tempo and rockin' enough to snap her out of it.

(Finally, am I the only one who gets confused with Hedo's and Orenji's avatars and signatures being so similar?)