Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.01.15, 01:37 PM   #101
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I am not a Puffy fan, or I should say I am neither here nor there with them. I like this. I don't have the time or energy to analyze it to death, but I think it is far preferable to the TOKIO song. That said, TOKIO are one of the many bands my HS students listen to that make my flesh crawl, so they weren't going to win anyway.
Old 2009.01.15, 04:13 PM   #102
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't really like either of these songs. I think it goes to show that Ringo's voice is what pulls me into her music. Some people like at least one of these giveaway songs.. I don't like either (besides the Amagasa instrumental) because these singers aren't impressive. On the other hand, I still listen to Variety.. maybe Ringo's voice is the key.
Old 2009.01.15, 04:14 PM   #103
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Please don't judge Puffy based on this song.
Old 2009.01.15, 04:22 PM   #104
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I like TOKIO's Amagasa.
Old 2009.01.15, 04:26 PM   #105
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
I don't really like either of these songs. I think it goes to show that Ringo's voice is what pulls me into her music. Some people like at least one of these giveaway songs.. I don't like either (besides the Amagasa instrumental) because these singers aren't impressive. On the other hand, I still listen to Variety.. maybe Ringo's voice is the key.
Yea, I'm real picky about voices, too. I've heard a lot of bands that had great instrumentation and the singer wasn't to my liking so I ditched them. But I don't know how you liked the instrumentation on it. Even though it's rumored that it's Tokyo Jihen playing it, it still sounds so watered down to any of their own music.
Old 2009.01.15, 04:40 PM   #106
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think it fits in perfectly with Variety.
Old 2009.01.15, 05:11 PM   #107
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I like TOKIO's Amagasa.
THANK YOU

Amagasa does have some similar elements to KT, but it is hardly the carbon copy everyone claims it is. Its kind of sad that songs like Amagasa and this new Puffy song are beat to death as Ringo rehashing herself with Tsumi to Batsu/Shuukyo and Marunouchi Saditsic/Hatsukoi just get passed over over in a quick mention a few times.

It is all down to personal taste. I can get the Amagasa getting used, it was probably a version of KT at some point that was floating around that ended up getting reworked a bit and given to TOKIO, so it is interesting to imagine what Ringo's take on other variety tracks might have turned out as.

and to prove you all are full of crap I played both songs (amagasa and hime hiyori) followed by the supposed songs she was borrowing from to various people, some who know ringo and some who don't, and everyone pretty mucht thinks you guys are all looking at this way too much.
Old 2009.01.15, 05:18 PM   #108
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

and others think you're spending way too much time defending crap songs. =p
Old 2009.01.15, 06:57 PM   #109
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
and to prove you all are full of crap I played both songs (amagasa and hime hiyori) followed by the supposed songs she was borrowing from to various people, some who know ringo and some who don't, and everyone pretty mucht thinks you guys are all looking at this way too much.
Well, I don't care too much to think about similarities between the songs, although I do think Amagasa feels a bit like KT and the Puffy sing like Blackout, but I don't think what you did will really prove anything unless everyone you asked was a Ringo fan like the people here. I don't know how many times I've heard people say that someone's songs all sound the same when they aren't a band or artist that they're familiar with.
Old 2009.01.15, 08:11 PM   #110
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
and others think you're spending way too much time defending crap songs. =p
more like wasting time trying to keep back the torrent of unnecessary wanking that manages to somehow flood our forums every time there is a new release. look at it this way, I'm just trying to reach your post count.
Closed Thread