Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.01.17, 08:41 PM   #121
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

what are they?

it is a bit odd, it is like you guys are comparing a forest in canada to a forest in china, they are both forests and are there the same, rather than see the forest for the trees, what constitutes it. The similarities being discussed in almost all the songs brought up with Hime Hiyori and Amagasa/KT are surface and superficial, brought about because of the production. If you strip them down to pure composition, ala listen to a piano composition of simplified melody and harmony and compare the results, you would find they are all different. HOWEVER, if you look at TB/Shuukyou and perhaps MS/HS and did the same you would notice that the composition in some parts is almost the exact same.

neither of them bother me because it is inevitable every artist does it, usually they do it subconsciously, just returning back to certain progressions which work for them in different keys and structures.

but I"M SERIOUS, compare Kashuu Otoko to Hime Hiyori, its startling
Old 2009.01.17, 08:51 PM   #122
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Youre right Neko. The many people who bashed Amagasa saying it was a straight ripoff of Killer Tune are all, in fact, incorrect. Though they may sound the same, the "simplified melody" is different.

How did this defence work out for Vanilla Ice.

Obviously, there are differences between the two songs if you're resorting to that. But the final form the emntire composition still is astoundingly like KT. Whether it's a a C add7 or a C add9 -- its still a C.

I get you're going to defend Shiina because maybe you bet your life on her being the bizzness, hell if I know why; but please. Comparing the progressions of songs that, though they do share similar chords, don't sound anything alike sonically to try to undercut the popular opnion of the thread is a greater reach than your claim of saying Hyori Hime and Blackout have similar sounds was a reach.
Old 2009.01.18, 04:18 AM   #123
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Comparing the progressions of songs that, though they do share similar chords, don't sound anything alike sonically to try to undercut the popular opnion of the thread is a greater reach than your claim of saying Hyori Hime and Blackout have similar sounds was a reach.
That's what I was going to say. Because I don't know shit about music composition or chords or whatever. The thing that lead me to make the comparision between songs is because they sound the same to my (hearing) sense(s).
This discussion is getting boring anyway... Let's just say that even they are not similar, I found similarities between Hyori Hime and Blackout because I'm, huh, crazy or something. Is this better?
Old 2009.01.18, 02:06 PM   #124
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

If I clicked on any link in this forum to a thread discussing Ringo and didn't encounter a long, predictable pie fight, I'd have to conclude that there had been a DNS error.
Old 2009.01.18, 02:47 PM   #125
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

soooo lets start speculating. now that ringo's anniversary year is over, her anniversary dvd is set, and she has this single for puffy coming out, how much longer would we speculate until we get some new TJ material? I'm hoping we will have a new single sometime this spring. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they were secretly recording, man if only i was still in ringohan and then I could be up with the undercover stuff.
Old 2009.01.18, 02:56 PM   #126
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Just got over my fear of being disappointed and listened to the song.

I was disappointed...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2009.01.19, 02:05 AM   #127
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Pretty much what I expected of the song... sounds like an off-cut of a TJ album.

Disappointing, but I can't say I was expecting anything else.
Old 2009.01.19, 08:00 AM   #128
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
soooo lets start speculating. now that ringo's anniversary year is over, her anniversary dvd is set, and she has this single for puffy coming out, how much longer would we speculate until we get some new TJ material? I'm hoping we will have a new single sometime this spring. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they were secretly recording, man if only i was still in ringohan and then I could be up with the undercover stuff.
I would bet anything that they've begun recording for the new album already if only for the fact that they've been in the studio together for the Tokio and Puffy songs. I'd say a new single in late May/early June and the next album in August.
Old 2009.01.19, 09:10 AM   #129
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I would bet anything that they've begun recording for the new album already if only for the fact that they've been in the studio together for the Tokio and Puffy songs. I'd say a new single in late May/early June and the next album in August.
I think so too. We should expect a new release soon, maybe in March/April.
Old 2009.01.19, 09:36 AM   #130
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm really scared they are going to release another Variety-esque album.
Closed Thread