Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.12.08, 11:40 AM   #31
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
amegasa wasn't a misstep for TOKIO anyway. as far as I'm concerned, she wrote the best song of their career and i don't think theres much room for intelligent disagreement there. unless of course their singles are by far their worst songs
I meant purely in terms of what people expect of Ringo's solo music and its similarity to Killer Tune. Personally, I like the song, I bought the single and listen to it quite a bit. So it sounds like Killer Tune, who cares, I like that song. They were both probably written around the same time and perhaps one was an earlier version of the other or it subconsciously went one way or another etc etc.
Old 2008.12.08, 12:47 PM   #32
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

okuda tamio is awesome!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2008.12.08, 05:51 PM   #33
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
okuda tamio is awesome!
YES!

I dont like Puffy, but the guy who writes their material is one of my favorite musicians.

It will be the same thing with this new single. Still dont like Puffy [or tokio], love Ringo.

If they still had that stupid show, they might have brought a taste of SR to American cartoony mainstream.
Old 2008.12.10, 08:10 PM   #34
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Bromithia: basically, a piece of news gets posted in the main forum, and then one of the admins or mods moves it to the "news" forum (which I just did for this thread), which is meant to be a sort of feed containing the latest wires and only that. If everyone could post there there's too much of a chance that people could post non-breaking news items and ruin the idea of it. So I guess that's why the main forum still says it's for "news," just so people don't get confused and think there's nowhere they can post their news to. Sorry if it's confusing, it's a little confusing to me too! (wasn't my idea, though I do like the theory and I think it's been working well)
Old 2009.01.01, 09:20 AM   #35
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

As a SR-fanboy-used-to-be and a nowaday anime otaku, Genji+SR will definitely lock me with the seatbelt of a Genji Monogatari Sennenki drive. But for obvious reasons (XD), i'm not likely to lay too much hope on this SR composition.

BTW, imo most anime songs are far better than those so-called "pop" music that merry-go-round on Oricon charts, because they are made to fit the usually radical images of anime episodes.
Old 2009.01.01, 04:00 PM   #36
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody

I'm really excited to hear something new relating to Ringo.
I get into these...phases...where I have no new music to listen to that is interesting, and I'm sortof cowardly when it comes to finding new and interesting bands (I get turned off of stuff way too easily, because imho, most new music sucks ass).....so anything Ringo-related makes me extremely happy (in the pants).

Puffy is decent, and anime music can be good sometimes...so yeah. I am excited.
Old 2009.01.02, 01:30 PM   #37
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

This is pretty cool, I don't really like puffy because they were always missing something for me but maybe Ringo was it =). I was hoping for something new from TJ to be announced soon and I guess this is second best.
Old 2009.01.04, 02:22 PM   #38
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Here is a link to the thread about the new PUFFY single at the largest English language PUFFY forum. Puffy AmiYumi World Forum

Old 2009.01.04, 11:47 PM   #39
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

This will be grrreat!
Old 2009.01.05, 06:52 PM   #40
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

^

(Ukigumo looks thrilled!)

I'm holding off on preordering the Puffy single until that new Ringohan concert or whatever is announced too, then I'll bundle both with Kanon Wakeshima goodies.
Closed Thread