Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: When you think "KSK," do you think "Ichijiku no Hana"?
Yes 8 36.36%
No 16 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012.05.01, 11:30 PM   #41
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Matan, Maou is talking about a thematic intepretation of Ringo's original solo career. Remember, she initially planned on never releasing solo music again after KZK/Ringo no Uta.
It seems like you might be taking it a little too literally.
I was joking, not taking this literally

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
As evidenced by this thread, I'm probably one of the only people here who feels like Ichijiku no Hana really plays a role as a closing track of KSK. It adds a certain layer of ambiance and quiet reflectance to the album that the other tracks didn't provide.
exactly my thoughts about this song
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.02, 04:41 AM   #42
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

but is that what the album is really about? Is that an idea that meshes with the rest of the concept?
Old 2012.05.10, 11:03 AM   #43
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Frecklegirl didn't translate Souretsu (or much or anything pre-Kyouiku). Brian Stewert and Takako Sakuma did the translation so I'm not sure if the abortion thing is their interpretation or Frecklegirl's if you're referring to the note on the Nostalgic Lavender site. Regardless, Shiina's own explanation of the song is the "death and rebirth" one so I'll take her word for it. It doesn't sound like abortion anyway. It's an obvious reference to Tibetan Buddhism.
Turtle was referring to my notes that I added at the bottom of the lyrics: Though this song appears to be about abortion, Ringo claims it is more about the metaphorical birth and death of creativity.

Unfortunately while I did not make this up and it did come from a legit source I could not tell you now what that source is. Yes I was irresponsible.

Yeah, I have noticed that people tend to assume that anything on my site was made by me; it turns out the "credit" lines go unread by many. To fix this, and also because it seems I almost never feel others' translations measure up, I have begun making my own translations to replace the ones by other people (and revising my older translations while I'm at it) and plan to do this for every artist on the site. The Maaya Sakamoto section was the worst offender of bad translations by other people so I started with that. I am currently about halfway done.

After Maaya is Ringo since she's probably the most popular artist on the site, so that is coming up next. I'm guessing the existing translations aren't inaccurate, but since everyone thinks I made them anyway I might as well just post my own so what people think is true. These will be meticulously researched translations (checked over by a native speaker as my more recent Ringo ones have been) and I will include information from the relevant Japanese Wikipedia pages too. (So that bit of info about Souretsu will be sourced properly.) Eventually I will be able to say I translated everything on the site, and thus guarantee translation quality, but not at the moment...

By the way, I won't be able to translate at all over the summer (Japanese only means no translating to English!) so that's going to suck... ironic that a step on the road to becoming a pro translator involves a break from translating activity.

On topic, I think I agree that Ichijiku no Hana doesn't belong on the album. But it's nice to have it as a companion from the same aural world.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.13, 10:10 PM   #44
Lustau

Lustau is headed in the right direction

I vote no, not because it is out of place, but because I agree the album has to end with Souretsu. Not only is it the fitting end, but it is also the proper bookend to starting with Shūkyō.
Lustau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.14, 01:48 AM   #45
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

How many people have the vinyl anyway? I know 2- glath and myself ;-p
Old 2014.05.20, 04:23 PM   #46
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

As much as I enjoy listening to Ichijuku no Hana, I don't think of it immediately when I think of KZK. Like many have said before, Souretsu is just such a perfect album ending. I don't own the vinyl and Ichijuku no Hana has always been paired with Watashi to Houden for me. It works well there, I think.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote