Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.01.01, 05:22 AM   #21
ParisJihen

ParisJihen has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Discoveries in 2007 ? mmmh... only one !
SHIINA RINGO !
i doubt 2008 could bring anything so big...
ParisJihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.01, 05:45 AM   #22
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

2007 was when I first started to really explore Japanese music beyond the smattering of songs I was already listening to. My mainstays now as a result of that are Shiina Ringo and Tokyo Jihen, of course, plus Fujifabric, The Brillian Green, Spitz, Every Little Thing, Yui, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, and the noodles.

I also discovered Los Tres (from Chile) after knowing of them for a long time, and got reacquainted with the Mexican band Maná.
digdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.03, 03:04 AM   #23
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The ones I can remember off the top of my head...

Gym Class Heroes - Live-band hip-hop? That's a concept I can get behind.

Del tha Funkee Homosapien - First heard about him when Gorillaz dropped their debut album, but didn't get around to looking up stuff until I re-heard stuff like If You Must, Proto Culture, and the thing he did with Aesop Rock on the Wu-Tang/Indie rap collaboration back in 2005 (Preservation).

Soulja Boy - just kidding lol. The only reason I list him is because I love to annoy and/or make people laugh by doing the dance or parts of it. I especially like doing the lean over and hop move near a window or open doorway a few times while going "and you!" or whatever the hell he says.

Petrolz - So I kinda like the Uki-band. Go figure. If it was easier to find, I might actually have more to say.

DJ Deckstream - <3 to badtzmaru for tipping me off in the "Currently Listening To" topic. Managed to like a solid four songs off of that Soundtracks album (which is fairly decent for an album considering how picky I can be), then went back to listen to miscellaneous things that he was involved him, such as the m-flo remixes.

Eminence - Australian orchestral ensemble that does game/anime stuff every now and then. A string quartet and pianist came to do various songs at Otakon.

GO!GO!7188 - This one's kinda weird. As of now, I don't like them quite enough to actually buy an album or keep a downloaded track or two, but I would willingly spend money to see a live performance or something if I was invited by friends or something.

mihimaru GT - A girl in one of my classes was a fan, so I borrowed some of what she had. Because of this, Mihimagic is an album I don't mind playing in the privacy of my own room. I suppose I need something to balance out my hip-hop/soul side.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.03, 10:11 AM   #24
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I hate Soulja Boy. Crank Dat has to be the worst song ever.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote