Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.08.28, 08:53 PM   #891
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

I play at my cousin's or at friend's, so I don't own it yet =). The only recent platforms I have is a Wii, which I sort of regret buying, even though I've enjoyed the games I played on it quite alot. I wish I had a 360.
Old 2008.08.28, 08:58 PM   #892
oki-ringo

oki-ringo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
I play at my cousin's or at friend's, so I don't own it yet =). The only recent platforms I have is a Wii, which I sort of regret buying, even though I've enjoyed the games I played on it quite alot. I wish I had a 360.

Yeah, as much as I love my Wii and what it does...It just feels dumbed down. I had it before I had my Xbox360, and I never thought I would play my 360 more, but I very very rarely turn on my Wii. It suffers the fate of most Nintendo consoles - people regard it as a kid's toy and not a real system.

And graphics don't mean everything, but seriously..the Wii is very lacking. I have seen some beautiful games (Zelda, Mario) but in general it just looks a little better than PS2. Normally not a big deal, but when you have an Xbox360 next to it and the graphics are insane..*shrug*
oki-ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.28, 10:18 PM   #893
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh, I think it's called Castle Crashers. I don't have Xbox live, though. I just use my brothers whenever I have to whoop Choobies in NBA2k8.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.29, 02:54 AM   #894
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
I've been meaning to ask. Do you people play rock band alone ? I love it quite alot but I can't think of playing it alone.
I play it very rarely alone. Once to complete the drum career on Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert which took a few days and once to complete the Guitar solo career which I still haven't completely because I got bored and just played with my friends. Aside from that, I'll play the odd few songs alone if I'm waiting for a friend to come over but 95% of my play is as a band.

Oh, I think it's called Castle Crashers. I don't have Xbox live, though. I just use my brothers whenever I have to whoop Choobies in NBA2k8.
Castle Crashers looks brilliant. That is one of the games I put on my XBLA game wants in my last post. I'll probably buy it next month.
Old 2008.08.29, 03:14 AM   #895
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I played Death Tank back then, but as far as I know it was turn based, and the environment changes literally with every single shot.
Seeing the real time version somehow feels not right.

I downloaded Running Wild by Airbourne this weeks, and it's a lot more fun to play than I thought!

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.29, 03:27 AM   #896
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Download Girls Who Play Guitar by Maximo Park if you haven't, golem. It's fun on all instruments!

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I'm sure Harmonix promised the new Metallica single before the album release. It would be so fun to play. The last 5 minutes alone has about 6 different riffs, and it's a fast and thrashy contrast to a nice, slow, ballad-like opening.
Old 2008.08.29, 05:35 AM   #897
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by oki-ringo View Post
And graphics don't mean everything, but seriously..the Wii is very lacking. I have seen some beautiful games (Zelda, Mario) but in general it just looks a little better than PS2. Normally not a big deal, but when you have an Xbox360 next to it and the graphics are insane..*shrug*

Yeah! And nintendo keeps saying they are not in competition with huge companies and all. I wonder why they keep trying to have third parties make serious/epic games on their platform. I thought I'd be able to survive the gaming entertainment with a wii alone but now it bores me out and I need a 360. Good thing I'm poor though, so I'm a bit behind and recently playing mario galaxy XD
Old 2008.08.30, 11:09 AM   #898
oki-ringo

oki-ringo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post

OMFG I d/l it and my friend and I played for like 5 hours until 630 in the morning!! IT'S SO SWEET
oki-ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.30, 04:29 PM   #899
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Ehh, I got kinda bored after about an hour. It's really fun an all but I can't play beat-em up for that long anymore. Plus, the music takes me out of it. Sometimes it's really funny but it's not really good in my opinion.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.01, 04:41 PM   #900
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

So I played a crapload of Final Fantasy XII this weekend. I was at the storyline point where I'm supposed to head toward Archades, but at the completionist gameplay point where I had already taken care of most/all the possible sidequesting leading up to that point. I already abused the Feywood (the north/only part of it I could get to), and spent enough time at Necrohol Of Nabudis (without the medallions to gain entry to the three boss rooms) to boost some levels and loot the occasional endgame armor.

So after I finally did reach Archades, my top priority was to run back to Necrohol Of Nabudis and cleared those three bosses out (including the Chaos esper), then rushed through Draklor Laboratory. By the time I reached Cid, my party had two Maximillians, a Golden Skullcap, and a Zodiac Spear - we basically one-hit-killed anything that got in our way, and stole from each of them a few tenths of a second before that. For whatever reason, the hidden Necrohol Of Nabudis vendor would sell me nothing but Ethers - so he can blow me, because by the time he offers anything else, I'll probably have a full party already equipped with the best of what he's got.