Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What do you think of OSCA (the song)?
You love the song (you enjoy listening to the song, has a good sound) 20 44.44%
You like the song (you will listen to the song, no strong emotions) 22 48.89%
You dislike the song (you will skip the song most of the time, song is barely listenable) 1 2.22%
You hate the song (the song wouldn't be on your playlist, the song does not sound good) 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.08.31, 10:22 AM   #11
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
So I played OSCA non-stop every single minute of every day to you, it would have no effect; you wouldn't care. No, of course not. You would either enjoy it or want me to switch tracks.
If you did that with my favourite song of all time it would grate after the 3rd listen.

The fact is somebody can like a song, and they can dislike the same song for various reasons. One opinion may not seem stronger than the other, so they don't feel inclined to tell people they like it, but nor do they feel enough distaste to say they dislike it. They're just comfortable with it.
Old 2007.08.31, 10:29 AM   #12
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I think neutral is possible. If I would be listening to a allshiinajihen Megaplaylist, I would skip gips, koko de and some other stuff, everytime it turns up. I wouldn't skip OSCA.
But if I would look at the list, to choose what to hear, I don't think OSCA would ever be on it.
Of course, if I had to listen to it several times, I would be annoyed. That is a privilege, that I only grant the songs I love.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 10:54 AM   #13
Silverrime

Silverrime is headed in the right direction

I went second option cause it's on my playlist and if it happens to come up, I won't skip it, but at the same time I never hunt it down to listen to. I'm pretty sure thats what the neutral people mean as well.
Silverrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 05:49 PM   #14
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I think if you will just listen to the song and view it as neutral, that means you like it (according to the "like it" description, which includes "no strong feelings").

To me, the biggest test of your opinion of the song is whether you skip it when it happens to come up. If you do, and do often, you probably don't like it. If you can listen to it, even if you feel 'meh,' you have to put yourself in the 'like it' camp--but don't worry, it doesn't make you a fanatical lover of the song. You can just tolerate, perhaps even enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
Frecklegirl requested a poll from the reigning poll king, but looking at the first 2 pages of this forum, I see each poll was made by a unique member, so... XD
I meant Tokyo Jihad who is always making polls (mostly in Offtopic) of ranging usefulness... but this works too.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 09:24 PM   #15
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
The fact is somebody can like a song, and they can dislike the same song for various reasons. One opinion may not seem stronger than the other, so they don't feel inclined to tell people they like it, but nor do they feel enough distaste to say they dislike it. They're just comfortable with it.
This is basically what I think as well. I've felt like if I'm neutral towards a song, but as op says, you really cannot be neutral about it. You just reserve saying either you like it or dislike it for different reasons but you can't just be NEUTRAL about a song.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.01, 02:01 AM   #16
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Stuff being neutral... I lurrrve OSCA.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.01, 06:59 AM   #17
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I think if you will just listen to the song and view it as neutral, that means you like it (according to the "like it" description, which includes "no strong feelings").

To me, the biggest test of your opinion of the song is whether you skip it when it happens to come up. If you do, and do often, you probably don't like it. If you can listen to it, even if you feel 'meh,' you have to put yourself in the 'like it' camp--but don't worry, it doesn't make you a fanatical lover of the song. You can just tolerate, perhaps even enjoy it.
I still don't care for any of the choices. "Meh" should not be part of the like camp or dislike it camp since it implies you don't care one way or another. It's not on my playlist, nor will it be, but I don't hate it or think it's unlistenable. I'm somewhere in the middle of like and dislike as I would skip the song most of the time, I have no strong emotions, but I don't find it barely listenable either.
Old 2007.09.01, 01:51 PM   #18
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

That fact that we're even discussing a 'middle camp' shows that it does indeed exist. How accurate it is doesn't matter... you can't tell people how they feel about the song.
Old 2007.09.01, 02:04 PM   #19
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
That fact that we're even discussing a 'middle camp' shows that it does indeed exist. How accurate it is doesn't matter... you can't tell people how they feel about the song.
Exactly. I'm one of those people. But maybe I should vote "hate" just so Jihad doesn't feel so lonely up there.
Old 2007.09.01, 02:12 PM   #20
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

just says I'm the only one with the cajones to admit when i think a song sucks from an artist I liked.