Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2007.10.03, 10:42 AM   #101
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

And I think Black Bone's compositions are stronger overall than Adult's and more varied than those on Variety.

Just because you like something more doesn't mean it's better than something else. [/hedo argument]
Old 2007.10.03, 12:53 PM   #102
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I guess this is the Luna Sea argument all over again. I try to be as unbiased as possible but I still can't imagine Hirama being a better composer than Ringo.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.05, 10:48 PM   #103
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

I have to agree with Hedofloe. I like this album, and some ways it is stronger than Adult... the songs have more of an experimental arrangement. Adult has stronger melodies, however. At least they are more memorable and distinct. The melodies of this album have a familiar sound.. like several garage band music I've heard.

Quality-wise, Adult triumphs as well. The drums are very weak and even sound like they are MIDI synths. And the mixing job is not so good, cause some songs sound like Hirama's voice doesn't belong there. Like he's singing on top of music playing in the background.

But I still like the album. I kinda like the unrefined sound -- it gives songs more of a raw, personal edge rather than an album that's processed through a whole assembly line of professional mixers, masterers, etc.
imkookoo is offline   Reply With Quote