Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.09.14, 01:01 PM   #11
EVH

EVH is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
toshiba giving permission to make SR/TJ discography available in the region looks like they're prepping to tour Europe first.

in yer dreams!
Kind of what I was thinking. I'm intrigued why there's stuff available in Europe but not in the Americas.
EVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 03:01 PM   #12
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

Maybe weird decisions are made about things that they don't care about.
clakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 03:07 PM   #13
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It's free money isn't it all digital so no work and a nice new revenue stream.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 03:28 PM   #14
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

toshiba giving permission to make SR/TJ discography available in the region looks like they're prepping to tour Europe first.

in yer dreams!
Yeah, considering that there've been retail Korean SR/TJ releases for roughly half a decade now (not to mention the Chinese releases), with still no touring anywhere outside of Japan - I don't see MP3 offerings in Europe as any indication of Shiina Ringo being more likely to tour there.
Old 2010.09.14, 03:43 PM   #15
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

in yer dreams!
EMI Music Japan is 100% subsidiary of EMI group from 2007.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 05:09 PM   #16
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

if sales are good, the kronekodow company will definitely get the notice. but yeah, it doesnt mean they'll ever tour out of japan.

in unrelated news, Luna Sea is coming to L.A. in December, joining L'Arc, Zazen Boys, GoGo7188, PE'Z, Soil and Pimp and who knows what other big Japanese bands have played overseas in the past...C'MON!
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 08:43 PM   #17
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

^ What was the audience like in those concerts?

I mean, I can only imagine a bunch of otakus everywhere just because "it's a Japanese band that made an opening/ending for X series", even if we are talking about something like PE'Z. Maybe I'm being too judgemental.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 09:11 PM   #18
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
^ What was the audience like in those concerts?

I can only imagine a bunch of otakus everywhere just because "it's a Japanese band that made an opening/ending for X series"
I like your cynicism.

Actually, it helped when:
1.) The venue was a pub, where you have to be at least 21 even if you end up never ordering any alcohol.
2.) The performance was at night.
3.) The overrated bands were second or third from the beginning, while the truly superior bands were usually second-to-last or third-to-last. Most of the weeboos walk out after the overrated bands have finished.
4.) The "Japan Nite Tour" gets nowhere near as much publicity in North America as some of the other times and places where (semi-)successful Japanese bands have shown up.

This meant that by the time the great bands were playing, it was maybe 10 or 11pm and almost all the weeaboos were gone. In my case, by the time PE'Z got on stage in Seattle, less than 10% of the audience could be described as weeaboo, after it was more like 20% or 30% weeaboo earlier on. That whole setup served as a highly effective weeaboo filter, you know, compared to some anime-themed convention in broad daylight with lots of publicity and no minimum age.
Old 2010.09.14, 11:04 PM   #19
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm sure Ukigumo and Izawa are used to playing to audiences of less than 5 people. but Ringo would probably not like it or hearing random drunk guys yelling "take your top off!"
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 11:17 PM   #20
Glathannus
True Final Boss

The worst that will happen in Seattle pubs with Japanese band(s) performing, is there will always be ONE guy trying to mosh in the middle of a thick crowd near the front while NOBODY ELSE is interested. You've got people trying to hold posters and glasses of beer - only to get shoved (there's so much potential for collateral damage) and REALLY pissed off. There were people right next to me who were ready to beat the shit out of this guy, and I was seriously considering helping them. The vocalist of detroit7 in the middle of her performance had to swap out her usual lyrics for "don't fight" while this mosher was knocked on his ass in a drunken stupor and getting repeatedly punched by somebody on top of him. I think it might even be the same guy who's trying to mosh at Japan Nite in Seattle every year. People in Seattle are usually pretty chill, but there's limits to what we'll put up with.

Usually the performers themselves don't have any crap to deal with from Seattle audiences.