Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.08, 12:25 PM   #21
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

1.Aozora
2.Hatsukoi Shoujo
3.Poltergeist(KZK)
4.Tsuki ni makeinu
5.Shukyo
6.Meisai
7.Mayonaka wa Junketsu
8.Karisome Otome(Death Jazz)
9.Dynamite
10.Rakujitsu
11.Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo
12.Tasogare Naki
13.Tomei Ningen
14.Gomatsurisawagi
15.Tsumi to Batsu
16.Ichijiku no Hana
17.Kokoro

Wow, that would be one hell of a CD. And for me Kokoro is the definite ending theme

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 02:49 AM   #22
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I seriously can't remember what ichijuku no hana sounds like, but it's not on my SR top 15. :p
It's normal
Just like the floating cloud in the sky
XDD
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 06:12 AM   #23
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

shouldn't there be, like, a completely new song by Shiina as a bonus track?!? We could make up a song... she could make a cover or something hehe ^^
Old 2007.04.09, 08:43 AM   #24
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

This is really hard because there isn't a single song I don't like. Finally finalized the order I think. I find it interesting that without really paying attention I started with 9 Jihen songs and ended with 6 solos. I even excluded some solo albums but I like them all too which is strange. I didn't pay any real attention to what album anything came off, just going off the songs I like the most.

1. Kenka Joto
2. Gomatsurisawagi
3. Ringo no Uta [Jihen Version] (both are lovely regardless)
4. Koi wa Maboroshi
5. Shuraba [Adult Version] (more refined, not every song needs awesome solos)
6. Himitsu
7. Gunjyou Byori
8. Sounan
9. Kabuki
10. Kyogenshou
11. Marunouchi Sadistic
12. Honnou
13. Yami ni Furu Ame
14. GIPS
15. Tsumi to Batsu

Last edited by Jer : 2007.04.09 at 09:18 AM.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 11:10 AM   #25
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Ichijiku no Hana is amazing, but not in the ear-catching (haha) way that songs should be on a best-of.
...This is going to take quite some time for me...
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 06:03 PM   #26
Koufukuron

Koufukuron pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by milk View Post
No!!! You did not just say Ichijiku no Hana is useless. That song is so beautiful.. Its fit for angels! You have to learn to like it.
;__: I have to agree with Loire, its so dry! It makes me want to sleep, and not in the comfy dreamy way. -gun to head-
Who knows, maybe one day it'll grow on me though.
Old 2007.04.10, 09:09 PM   #27
kanzaki

kanzaki pleased at least somebody

Why isn't anyone considering Ringo Catalog as finisher or bonus track? Or even as a starter (eventhough it acts like a spoiler of sorts)? Granted it's not very creative(on our part) or anything, but if anyone wants a 'best of' album, what better way to do it than to have a song itself that is already a 'best of'.

Maybe I'll get started on a list that is based on that. But I wouldn't include any TJ songs though.
kanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 04:55 AM   #28
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by kanzaki View Post
Why isn't anyone considering Ringo Catalog as finisher or bonus track? Or even as a starter (eventhough it acts like a spoiler of sorts)? Granted it's not very creative(on our part) or anything, but if anyone wants a 'best of' album, what better way to do it than to have a song itself that is already a 'best of'.
A Best Of album is intended to lure in new listeners, and the problem with 'Ringo Catalogue' is that it's not really that catchy or interesting of a song unless you already know all about Ringo. I was never really able to enjoy Ringo Catalogue until I could pick up all the little bits and pieces of songs while listening to it, so I doubt newer fans (and especially those who've never heard Ringo before) would really be able to understand the impact of the song.
Old 2007.04.12, 04:03 PM   #29
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Here's mine:

1. Honnou
2. Kabukichou no Joou
3. Tsumi to Batsu
4. Yami ni Furu Ame
5. Suberidai
6. Ringo no Uta (single version)
7. Meisai
8. Sounan
9. Omatsuri Sawagi
10. Kurumaya-san (live version)
11. Mayonaka wa Jyunketsu
12. Himitsu
13. Juusui Negai
14. Kokoro
15. Marunochi Sadistic

3 from SS, 2 from MM, 1 from KZK, 3 from Kyoiku, 1 from Adult, 2 singles, 2 b-sides, 1 live.

This album has got to start with Honnou, because that's where I started from.

I put Suberdai in because I miss the young girl singing it. There's a certain innocence and optimism that I don't hear in Ringo's songs anymore. It was a tough call between Suberidai and Aozora, which I think captures the same feeling in a more laid-back way.

I adore Kurumaya-san just because I love how TJ juxtaposed a traditional enka melody to a jazz/rock instrumentation. And it works beautifully, especially in the DO live.

As for Kokoro, it's a slightly different TJ sound that is more relaxed and restrained. No one is showing off here, it's just everyone doing what they're good at and coming together very nicely.

And finally, Marunochi Sadistic. She plays this in all her lives, and she always looks so happy singing it. So I thought this is the most appropriate track to end the album on a happy note.

edit: I intentionally left out some of those ballads (Yume no Ato, Onaji Yoru, Tegami), because they don't really catch my ear until I'm forced to listen to them. (Like on live performances.)

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.04.12 at 04:12 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.12, 04:12 PM   #30
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

JustinRiingo gets a gold sticker for putting together one that stirs my fancy. No offense to others who might have sticker-walls such as myself.

I dig it cuz of Kurumaya-san, Suberidai, and Ringo no Uta. I do kinda question whether its strong enough (even the single ver) for a best of.

Also, Gomatsuri Sawagi? hmm..... but still, I think you got some solid choices. Even if some of the choices may be more obscure than normal, I think its cool.

/gold-sticker