Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.07.07, 06:48 PM   #141
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Glath's collection has spurned me to boost my own so i just went on cdjapan and bought everything that was missing from my collection! it niggled at me so this will finish it for the forseeable future.. though i know there is all sorts of stuff missing like the cassettes/posters Limited Editions and so forth this is enough for me at this time..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdjapan.1jpg.jpg (265.2 KB, 24 views)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 07:16 PM   #142
Huruhara

Huruhara pleased at least somebody

Wow thats a hardcore shopping spree... don't you get charged for customs though?
Huruhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 07:22 PM   #143
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Up until now I've never actually been caught by Customs, probably due to CD Japan marking the stuff as 'GIFT' though I have been charged when I bought from HMV Japan (to the tune of £20)

Retro Edit:
These days they seem to catch everything (£280+ FedEx pain springs to mind) oh bring back the glory days of no charges and a strong Pound.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.03.27 at 07:34 AM.
Old 2008.07.07, 07:37 PM   #144
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

If you want to follow in my footsteps, ordering in bulk from CD Japan is the optimal way to go for new CDs, even when you're not getting first-presses or limited releases. A second-press discography is still a discography, and the music is what's most important.

I hope you don't change your mind in the distant future (if ever) about collecting the rarities, because the longer you wait - the worse it gets. I'd know, because even I am somewhat late in the game. I try not to think about all of the money I could have saved before, but rather I try to think more about the money I'm saving from buying now instead of even later.
Old 2008.07.07, 07:44 PM   #145
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

yeah.. after i get all the standard stuff i'll look into shopping mall japan who seem to be pretty good value from what i scoped out so i'll go for the vinyl and all that soon (hopefully) i am not worried about cost that's no problem it's just that i do not wanna go through hoops or too many middlemen to get the products. i really hate waiting for stuff so auctions piss me off so so much.. i like to buy brand new with ems shipping it's safe and certain and even if the shipping is a little high it's worthwhile if you are gonna get the goods exactly as you paid for.
Old 2008.07.07, 10:56 PM   #146
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Just realized I haven't posted here yet (I've been collecting since HF came out... yes I know, very late... but I didn't have a card or money til then):

What I have:
Muzai Moratorium, Shouso Strip, Utaite Myoli ~Vol. 1~, Kalk Zamen Kuri no Hana
Heisei Fuuzoku (First Press Limited Edition), Watashi to Houden (First Press)

Ringo no Uta

Gekokujyou Xstasy, Electric Mole
Watashi no Hatsuden (First Press)

Kyouiku, Adult, Variety

OSCA

After getting the recent first presses I've been going crazy trying to find first presses of everything I don't have (and already have). Plus I'll probably get the singles that have tracks I don't already have elsewhere on disc (ie Mayonaka wa Junketsu and the original Koufukuron). Plus I'll get the Honnou single coz it's my favourite.

What I have ordered:
Shouso Strip (Limited Edition) (Second hand), Zecchoushuu (Second hand), Honnou, Zazen Xstasy

What I shall order soon:
Heisei Fuuzoku Daiginjou, Heisei Fuuzoku LP, Mayonaka wa Junketsu, Koufukuron, Hyakurio Megane

And things I desperately want/am searching for at the moment (and I really don't like Yahoo Auctions) :

KZK (Vinyl), Electric Mole (Limited Edition), all Seiteki Healing's (First Press), Dynamite Out! (First Press?), Just Can't Help It (First Press?)

And once I have all that... probably everything else. lol kill me pls.

Last edited by Jesse : 2008.07.07 at 11:07 PM.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 11:26 PM   #147
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by Huruhara View Post
Wow thats a hardcore shopping spree... don't you get charged for customs though?
You jinxed me! I just got a customs charge bill in the post 5 minutes ago!!

invoice.JPG

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.03.27 at 07:37 AM.
Old 2008.07.07, 11:35 PM   #148
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm so glad we don't get customs charges here in Australia! XD
Especially considering how much I order online... like at the moment I have like 7 different orders. I think. Something like that anyway.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 11:38 PM   #149
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

This was among my first ever Customs charge requests, last month I spent quite a lot and got away with it unscathed.
I bet Customs are building all these letters up retrospectively just waiting to pound me when I least expect it!

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.03.27 at 07:39 AM.
Old 2008.07.08, 12:24 AM   #150
Huruhara

Huruhara pleased at least somebody

LOL

*pats*

I shouldn't ask, it's like a bad omen or something. XD

Did you order them in one shipment? The shipping cost must be horrible. I usually split large orders into different shipments just to avoid customs charge. I don't know if that saves me money or the opposite effect though.

But I agree on ems, at least you can track your parcels. I just dealt with parcelforce last Saturday because some stupid ebayer sent my package to ANOTHER COUNTRY. Lucky thing its not my Shiina goods or I'll be ready to slit some throats.

I've only start on collecting Shiina and Tokyo Jihen for less than a year... I'm just lacking on the dvds and the rare items... slowly one at a time.
Huruhara is offline   Reply With Quote