Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.05.29, 06:43 PM   #891
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I loved the finale. It was completely and perfectly satisfying for me. I'm glad there are people here who feel the same! (It's too bad some of you didn't like it after investing so much time in the show.) After it was over, I just burst into tears with no warning at all. What a wonderful show. I can't wait for the DVD bonus features that will reveal more answers (we already got one--MiB's name is Samuel!).
The whole church scene, I had very wet eyes but I wasn't too bad. Then I watched it again the following night, alone, and I was a mess, ha ha. It's not just that I was holding back when watching with my friends, I think we all had a couple of tears rolling down our faces, but I think the flash-sideways scenes are even more powerful once you know they're dead. And knowing that they're dead reminded me even more so that this is the end. Vincent didn't help either

I'm really curious why golem didn't like it. He seemed to be digging this season, I don't think he was an answer whore and huge fans like him seemed to be happy (most polls sit at around 80% of people liking it). It did well critically, and even a lot of the haters in the GAF Lost thread liked it. A lot of people who were a bit "meh" seem to come around more on a second viewing too. I should just sign into MSN for once and ask him...
Old 2010.05.29, 08:28 PM   #892
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I loved the finale. It was completely and perfectly satisfying for me. I'm glad there are people here who feel the same! (It's too bad some of you didn't like it after investing so much time in the show.) After it was over, I just burst into tears with no warning at all. What a wonderful show. I can't wait for the DVD bonus features that will reveal more answers (we already got one--MiB's name is Samuel!).
Apparently his name was just Samuel on the casting sheet or something, so it's not an "official" name as much. I prefer him to be nameless myself

I doubt we'll be getting many answers or explanations, maybe just a bit more of the story here and there. I think they would prefer to give us little hints and let us piece things together and come up with theories. There's an interesting theory at the moment about the MIB being responsible for the deaths of other Candidates throughout the show, like making them have dreams/visions that eventually lead to their deaths (much like he paralysed Nikki as a spider, leading to her being buried alive).

http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2...-mib-used.html
Old 2010.06.11, 04:21 PM   #893
das_blibber

Location: Body: Cologne, Germany - Spirit: somewhere in this Universe
das_blibber is headed in the right direction
Default good bye LOST

what do have yumiko and lost in common?
in the end both failed!
[/irony]

in other words:
i was not satisfied by the finale episode...
... if there wouldnt have been any reunions to make me cry of happiness i would've hated this series forever! ;-)
anyway, D.L. & C.C. left too many essential questions open! serious mistake! the plot didnt close itself!
thumbs down!!! ;-)

off-topic monster
das_blibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.07, 10:27 PM   #894
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Come on, seriously? No one wants to talk about the epilogue??
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.08, 03:31 AM   #895
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek parody aimed at the nit-picky answers crowd than I expected, Walt stuff aside (I never really cared about Walt in all honesty). Good bit of fun for the DVD's though!
Old 2010.08.09, 07:44 AM   #896
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I think that the real Lost epilogue is still being assembled.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2010.08.09 at 07:48 AM. Reason: I do grammar wrong
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote