Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Community Center > Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2007.10.04, 10:39 PM   #1
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal
Exclamation Clarification on forum rules: what you don't know can kill your post

In case there's any doubt in anyone's mind what I'm referring to when I say there will be strict enforcement from here on out against personal attacks in the forum, here are things that will result in post deletion (and possible warnings/bannings if there is continuous abuse):

1. Attacking somebody's home/school/company/city/state/country/continent.

2. Attacking somebody's appearance/race/gender/class/family.

3. Gratuitous use of words like "stupid," "idiot," "dumbass," or variations thereof, especially when there is no additional substance.

3a. An emoticon is not substance.

4. Use of white text to "soften" an attack.

5. Threadcrapping/trolling. I really hate this. If your first post in a thread is going to be something along the lines of "this thread is stupid," do not post. It's that simple.

Cranky banter is fine. Even entertaining. Just keep in mind all of the above (and whatever else I or my co-moderators may add in future), and your posts will be left alone.

If something or someone offends you, DO NOT REPLY WITHIN THE THREAD. Report it to me. When deleting offensive posts, I make no distinction between "who started it" and "who responded."

Thank you.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.04, 10:50 PM   #2
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

If you did this from 3 months back Jihad and Hedo would have 500 less posts each.

Either way, I'm very glad to see that something is being done about this. Thank you NIMH_Rat!

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.10.04 at 11:03 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 03:58 AM   #3
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Hail
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 04:31 AM   #4
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Bout time.
Old 2007.10.05, 04:44 AM   #5
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
If you did this from 3 months back Jihad and Hedo would have 500 less posts each.

Either way, I'm very glad to see that something is being done about this. Thank you NIMH_Rat!
When have I ever attacked Tokyo Jihad?? NIHM Rat said "Cranky banter is fine" so I don't know what you are talking about.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 04:49 AM   #6
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

kprov rules
/o/

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 01:34 PM   #7
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
When have I ever attacked Tokyo Jihad?? NIHM Rat said "Cranky banter is fine" so I don't know what you are talking about.

Knock it off, Hedo.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 08:50 PM   #8
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Then I'm very curious that why my post is gone without an explanation.

I've just posted on The Birthday Thread a couple of hours ago, simply wrote 'Congradulation, Jihad!' stuff like this. Then it followed with Papi and Shinji replies, etc. Shinji did not know whose birthday is it and Glath explained 'Asians are in different timezones so they celebrate their birthdays much earlier than the Americans - something like that.'

5 mins later, our posts were all gone lol. So do we need to follow the America's timezone as a standard? I remember I have done that before but my post was still there at that time. Where is the freedom of speech? Shouldn't I say Happy Birthday to Jihad? Or simply because I have said something that someone doesn't really want to hear? I could have discussed the issue in private but I want to let everyone knows first.

Anyway I think I will keep my mouth shut from now on.

EDIT: Oh it's moved. But I would not delete what I have written

Last edited by ChickShhh : 2009.05.30 at 08:58 PM.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 08:59 PM   #9
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

no one deletes posts wishing someone happy birthday...are you sure you checked properly before? I remember reading your posts...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 09:29 PM   #10
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
no one deletes posts wishing someone happy birthday...are you sure you checked properly before? I remember reading your posts...
I admit I havent checked properly before, cos when the posts were all gone, the Last Post has become 'Random Thread - 2X minutes ago' (If I recall correctly)

I should have known the posts can be moved without any notification.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote