Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.20, 08:27 PM   #51
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I really need to order the Ringo File. Rockin' on Japan always has the best photoshoots of her, and the one magazine I have which features her has a HUGE 10+ page interview. It tires me out to translate Japanese, but with so much on Ringo I'll definitely have more motivation to do so.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.21, 03:15 AM   #52
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I already requested the Ringo FILE at YesAsia. Let's see what happens...
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.22, 02:43 AM   #53
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Originally Posted by YesAsia
We are sorry that we do not carry your requested item at this moment. We have forwarded your enquiry to our supplier and product executives for further checking. We will contact you again once more information is available.

Thank you for your patience on this issue.
This is the answer I got from them.
Has anyone requested as well?

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post, but it was the only way to "bump" the thread...
Old 2009.03.22, 02:47 AM   #54
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm not so worried about the Ringo File since I can just get it from HMV. I havn't used YesAsia for ages, mostly just HMV and CDJapan now.

I'll request the Ringo Book once I have a spare moment, even though it's extremely unlikely anything will come of it (and I'll request the Ringo File too while I'm at it)..
Old 2009.03.22, 07:22 AM   #55
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

In just a few hours from now, pre-orders for the Ringo BoOK will be closed. Any nonKronekodow establishments that might ever be selling it (yeah right), are guaranteed to never be carrying it if they haven't pre-ordered it by today.

Suppose in an almost-perfect world, that one of the major retailers actually stocks up on the Ringo BoOK. Kronekodow will only let anyone order 5 Ringo BoOKs at a time. Any establishment that orders from Kronekodow, will have to pay the Kronekodow price of 8800yen (plus any applicable shipping). There is no bulk discount. You order 5 of them, and they are still at least 8800yen each. So what I'm saying is, it's not credible for any major retailer to get involved in the reselling of a nonexclusive deal that any Japanese consumer could have got more directly involved in. Big retailers are accustomed to paying below-standard on the price, and carrying dozens or hundreds of every item. Kronekodow isn't structured to accommodate those kind of warehouse dealings with non-consumers.

What do you expect one of the major retailers to do? Place 20 separate pre-orders (each of which has their own separate hardly-bulk shipping), pay the standard 8800yen per Ringo BoOK, then offer it to you at 8800-10000yen, plus international shipping? You might as well be asking them to sling meth, because that's not the way they do business. You can't ask a first-generation retailer of brand-new goods to also be a reseller of other brand-new goods off on the side. It's just painfully awkward.
Old 2009.03.24, 01:41 AM   #56
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

In reference to your special product request, we regret that our suppliers cannot be sourced the "Ringo File 1998-2008" at this moment.

We kindly suggest you to check its availability in our website after its release date. If it is still not available, please send the product request for us to further check up with the supplier.
Bummer.
Old 2009.03.24, 07:02 AM   #57
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I like how they say "our suppliers", which basically implies:
We have no intention of branching out to other publishers we've never done business with before
You talk to a vendor who already sells Rockin'On Japan, and they can't pull that weak-ass excuse. I'm quite surprised that Amazon.co.jp still isn't offering the Ringo File yet, but I'm sure they would if somebody asked them. Their shipping may not be cheap, and they might not accept PayPal, but they are faster than HMV Japan (who doesn't accept PayPal either), and they never underestimate the shipping cost. I think Tower.jp uses EMS (just like CD Japan and HMV Japan), which for me has been recently slow, but for many people it's still not bad.

If Amazon.co.jp never stocks up on the Ringo File, then I would order it from Tower.jp just to spite HMV Japan. Plus you might be interested in some independent artists whose music can't be found anywhere else, so you could order their cheap EPs together into the same shipment as the Ringo File just so the expense of EMS won't be so inefficient anymore.
Old 2009.03.25, 08:29 AM   #58
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've ordered a Ringo File but can anyone tell me if it has any pictures? I kinda got it just for scanning but if it's just a compilation of text-only articles then I'm not so excited anymore.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.27, 10:29 AM   #59
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Okay, I'm confused.
How could Amazon.co.jp go straight into listing a product that they aren't offering to sell, and haven't yet ever offered to sell? I hope they change their story. Seems like a breach of retailer etiquette to list a product before you've set a price, without even a "Coming Soon" or "To Be Announced". Just an "Oh, it's gone before it even exists". Seriously, what the fuck? I'll order it from somewhere else if I have to, but I'd rather not.
Old 2009.03.27, 10:36 AM   #60
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Maybe it becomes available on the 31st when the product is said to be available (from HMV at least) perhaps the out of stock is just temporary until they know for sure what their stock level will be (if any).
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote