Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2011.12.17, 09:25 AM   #31
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Wikipedia's introduction to dubstep is so good I'm going to donate my fortune to Jimmy Wales.

Here are some relatively well-recognised tracks that indicate the evolution from UK garage into dubstep, mutations thereof, indie crossover and mainstream pop. Neither Skrillex or farts contain that DNA. Hatsukoi Shoujo is made for dubstep because of its haunting ethereal vocals and the potential to transform it into something completely different: it's arguably the most "remixable" SR song.

Anyway Nakata won't be forgotten. He makes 800 tracks a year and repeats himself but he has an occasional knack for writing infectious pop guilty pleasures that recall Daft Punk, Underworld and (people argue) YMO. Night Flight or Hello kick the backside of Ace of Base. :p

Perfume's GAME is arguably better than (recent) Capsule in that way because there's more of a reliance on those traditional songwriting skills he has than his style of beats and leads which are (I hate saying this as he's probably a very genuine guy) a bit stegosaurus shoulderpads and glowsticks... [/dance music snob]

I hate being at the top of the page.

Last edited by so_cold : 2011.12.17 at 04:06 PM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.17, 11:14 AM   #32
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I also think Nakata is really versatile. I mean, past capsule is Shibuya-kei, Perfume is straight-up electro-pop, and modern capsule is heavier electronic stuff. The same guy that did "edge" and "Jumper" also did "575".

I like dubstep. However, I don't like people who like dubstep. /snob
I'm not familiar with it as a whole but I listen to the dubstep room at turntable.fm
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote