Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2012.12.11, 02:38 AM   #21
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I gots to hear that 121212
Old 2012.12.11, 01:03 PM   #22
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
You aren't alone on your feelings about her staleness, I've heard others complain, but I think there is just too much potential here for people to be giving up on her so early.
Whenever I listen to her, I see this. Someone isn't happy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mqdefault.jpg (13.1 KB, 52 views)
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.11, 02:25 PM   #23
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

I wish they'd accidentally bump into each other one day, I've been wishing Shiina would grab Kominami or Takahashi as her play thing for the past year now.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.11, 02:41 PM   #24
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Being on the same label, she must have bumped into Shiina-san and asked her for advice, and Shiina-san told her to write enough songs before releasing anything. ;p jk
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.11, 02:47 PM   #25
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Plz don't call her Shiina-san. It's lame stuff that should only be set aside for the likes of Perfume and AKB48 or watching the latest episode of Madoka Magic :-p
Old 2012.12.12, 07:34 AM   #26
LoBFCanti

I understand that they both are idol units....but please respect Perfume ability to sing and perform on top of Nakata actually producing quality stuff for them.

Shiina-sensei has to write a song for her. Just one.
Old 2012.12.12, 07:41 AM   #27
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Perfume's ability to sing and perform?

They are robots. They, as individuals, don't matter. It's all about Nakata. I know idol fans like to pretend that these girls are actually good performers.

Have you hear them without vocoder? Awful...

Even AKB has some good singers are dancers, but that doesn't mean they should be respected. Perfume and AKB are the same: idol groups. Perfume just has a quality producer.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.12.12, 08:27 AM   #28
LoBFCanti

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Perfume's ability to sing and perform?

They are robots. They, as individuals, don't matter. It's all about Nakata. I know idol fans like to pretend that these girls are actually good performers.

Have you hear them without vocoder? Awful...

Even AKB has some good singers are dancers, but that doesn't mean they should be respected. Perfume and AKB are the same: idol groups. Perfume just has a quality producer.

I can dig for Pre-nakata lives, if you care. Ayaka and Ayano in particular can sing well, and much deeper than what they make them sing with on most of their songs now.

I think you can find Jenny wa Gokigen lives even now.

Last edited by LoBFCanti : 2012.12.12 at 08:37 AM.
Old 2012.12.12, 08:44 AM   #29
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Most artists have done their best work in their earliest years - while they still had their own opinion and/or something to prove. Nakata is no exception. Once upon a time, capsule was all about delightfully quirky music without any superficiality. The more that Nakata flaunts the image of women to sell his music, the worse his music has been. Perfume to me is a symbol of how much he has lost his way, because they're about selling music more than actually creating it. capsule eventually became infected by Perfumitis, where you can see the woman on the cover art, while the actual music is crap.

The early capsule years are the only material from Nakata that I'd recommend to people. The rest of his productions are overrated if they have any fans at all.
Old 2012.12.12, 09:11 AM   #30
LoBFCanti

I can respect that, I'm actually big on meg too, I only had access to her Nakata stuff, but as soon as I heard Dirtyrambos I wonder why she ever quit the lounge sound. This is in 2010, before I knew how prolific Nakata was and even that Perfume and Meg shared him as a producer. I really liked that wonky sound to Meg's raw vocals and felt as though with Nakata as her producer that was retained and utilized well until her last 2 albums with him, which were pretty bland and the worst of the two, Maverick, did have her scantly clad on the cover.

Their immediate partnership ended with Meg saying that there was never enough time to produce lyrics the way she wanted for the songs, Nakata pumped new material out like an automated machine. She worked with him on one track on her 2012 album and that is the one track I do not like on the entire album.

I was on the Kyary wagon for a while, but as musical act- she isn't doing it for me anymore. I feel like they know she'll sell regardless because of how much enigmatic she has proven to be, but she doesn't even seem comfortable in the part of singer.

I only actually own and like Fruit clippers. I can't find anything before the album and everything after gets stale after 3 listens.

But I love most of perfume's stuff- but they don't have good albums, just really good singles. GAME was a good album, with good singles naturally, Triangle was perfectly passable for a sophomore release, but the best songs on it were the singles, JPN had all it's cards on the table already, some of the best songs being released even a year ahead as singles and the new tracks being the most boring of the release.
------

Let make a new topic- don't want to derail this thread any further lol

Last edited by LoBFCanti : 2012.12.12 at 09:17 AM.