Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2015.07.27, 05:27 PM   #861
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Vorpax View Post
I'm thinking about getting this mora dvd set, is there any real difference between them and the normal cds sound wise? In this site is alleged it has more dynamics, but i'm not sure... : http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...a+ringo&album=
I dunno what the fuck to think of this. But yeah. The DVDs are worth grabbing regardless.

But damn all of these score terribly. The Saturday Night Gossip one is OK... but... that can fluctuate dramatically depending on what rip is used.
Old 2015.07.27, 06:56 PM   #862
Vorpax

Vorpax is headed in the right direction

SS is really brickwalled (maybe it's on purpose), the DVD version is DR 7 while the regular is DR 4, well it's a improvement. The rip used was Amazon mp3 for SS, the folk even comented: "needless to say it's very loud. Album peak = 1.35 in -V 0, ouch." While I believe the loudness on SS is for artistic purposes, that's definitely not the case with Sunny's mastering which is terrible. I mean, I'm not a musician, I'm a noob tbh and even someone like me can notice it. However, Ringo being a experienced artist can't, I wonder if she is deaf or something.

Last edited by Vorpax : 2015.07.27 at 07:32 PM.
Vorpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.28, 09:12 PM   #863
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
I got the MoRA sets. Digging the audio quality, especially the hi-res DVD audio. The Ringo cameos on the DVD video are fun too, especially the Ringo no Uta disc.
How much did you get yours for? I'm starting to think about getting these sets now, hearing about these cameos...

As for my collection, I've got a lot of her albums, sure, but I love getting magazines that she was featured in. There are some I wish I had shelled out for but didn't (like when her fan/actress Nikaidou Fumi interviewed her for Popeye, a men's fashion magazine...), but anything she's on the cover of or has a shoot for/long interview in, I gotta have...
Old 2015.07.30, 05:35 PM   #864
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

I used Buyee.jp to get them off of Yahoo Auctions. It was ~$100 USD total for the 2 of them, but another ~$55 for the Buyee's shipping and service fees.

The cameos aren't really much. Each disc just has her show up for a couple of seconds at the beginning and the end, and there's different kind of visual equalizer-ish graphical effect going on for each different song.

BTW, Nikaidou Fumi came to the New York for a film festival last year and she's just as great in person as she is on screen. Andou Sakura came this year and the same can be said for her.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.30, 05:45 PM   #865
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Buying both was a stupid thing to do in my personal experience. I've never fucking touched the CD version :-p
Old 2015.07.30, 08:14 PM   #866
tsukigimehime

Lightbulb

Fumi seems like a great person! I hope Ringo does a few songs for her, because I love everything she wrote for Rie (even though the relationship between Ringo and Rie was different, probably, as well as them being around the same age)

Not familiar with Andou Sakura, but perhaps I should look into her I will keep my eyes open in case a good deal pops up. I heard there are voices when you open the box, but do the DVD and CD versions have the same voice? :O

(sorry for so many questions!!)
Old 2015.07.30, 09:25 PM   #867
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

If you've had the chance to see Hibi Rock, Fumi can totally pull off being a pop/rock star. As for Andou, check her out in Love Exposure or 100 Yen Love.

The boxes are identical. Same product code and everything. The only difference is one of them has the CD logo on the outer box, and the other has the DVD logo. As for the contents, the DVD version has Watashi to Houden, and the CD one doesn't. As for the sound, it'll say "Maido Ari" when it opens, if the battery is still alive. They work intermittently on mine.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.30, 09:58 PM   #868
tsukigimehime

I've heard good things about that film! I will definitely check all of your recs out (and hopefully find a good deal on the mora DVDs at least) when I get a chance to do so ^.^ maido ari~
Old 2015.08.05, 01:14 PM   #869
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I want to fix the battery on mine so bad
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.14, 02:42 PM   #870
fernan1234

fernan1234 pleased at least somebody

I have MoRa sets if anyone wants them. In fact, I own almost EVERYTHING SR/TJ related stuff, from little trinkets to Adult fragrances to posters to T-Shirts to disc releases.

I'm actually trying to sell as much stuff as possible since I'm doing a big move soon, so if you are interested in anything give it a try and ask me, I'll charge less than yahoo auctions and proxies.
fernan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote