Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.12.01, 01:18 AM   #11
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I wonder if SR's health obsession (Ii Karada) is to do with the fact that she's made it past thirty, which she says surprises her.

Anyway, at the beginning of the song there's what appears to be the remains of the beep in Noudoteki Sanpunkan, so it indeed transitions into this song.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 01:47 AM   #12
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

The part at 2:00 definitely sounds like an Izawa song
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 04:45 AM   #13
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Be patient, EMF, and you will receive. Or however the fsk the saying goes:

Frustration
what an interesting song... My initial reaction is very positive, even though the song is strangely non melodic. I finished listening to it about 30 seconds ago and I can't remember a single line

it's very different from from the catchy 3 Minutes - I was able to hum along by the second refrain.
Old 2009.12.01, 04:48 AM   #14
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

That song pretty much leaves me with one impression on one listen.

-Scatterbrain
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 04:56 AM   #15
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by makenshiww View Post
That song pretty much leaves me with one impression on one listen.

-Scatterbrain
that's a good way to describe it
Old 2009.12.01, 05:02 AM   #16
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh God, this song is amazing, guys! Way better than 3min, and I LOVE 3min...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 05:03 AM   #17
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I like it more than 3 minutes upon first listen. Actually pretty interesting.
Old 2009.12.01, 05:06 AM   #18
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

I dont really like the side track, very BB.Queen.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 05:17 AM   #19
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

^ this

well. I did like the randomness of it.
i need to learn to speak japanese , and speak it fast
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 05:21 AM   #20
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

VERY loose translation/gist of the interview/commentary/review on the Kronekodow site -- me paraphrasing the shitty systran translation. If someone actually wants to make a reliable translation, go to the news section and click on the link in the first paragraph:

Ringo talks a bit about her lack of songwriting for Variety. The gist of the quote is "I did not write any songs because
I wanted to avoid the bad blood in the band, unlike before. With each member writing songs, we'll be able to share opinions freely. Blood can flow from five directions" Ringo says that she finally feels erected at the starting point for this band.

Regarding Noudoteki Sanpunkan (The song):

The review/commentary says that the band made sure to keep a mid-tempo rhythm, in order to stir an emotional rush from the inner part of the body. Also, the review actually addresses the abrupt/odd reference to ramen at the beginning, and says that it's about the sound rather than the meaning, which shed light on the emotions more than the narrative moment.

Regarding Gaman:

It's hard to understand babeltranslation, but I think it says that the intention was for the song to build dramatic tension,
which culminates in an explosion that makes you want to bolt? Izawa says that he kept the theme of the album in mind, and wanted to incorporate the personalities of each member? And there's something about physiology and 'following instinct.'

Ringo also says that Izawa forced her to sing in a Kansai dialect, which Ringo was hesitant to do because she has never lived in Kansai. Apparently, Gaman's lyrics are very light hearted and 'fun'.

The reviewer says that Tokyo Jihen has found a unique groove. Apparently, the album places emphasis on the body, and Ringo says that the theme will be Sports.

There's a lot more technical info about the songs here, but I can't make out what it is.

It makes me wonder that, with the nature of Ringo/Kameda's arrangements, Ringo's varying vocals and unique lyrics, Izawa's odd song structures/circus cartoon style and Uki's 'brack music' inclination, whether Phase 2's songs are stumbling towards Mr.Bungle territory, although not quite as weird and keeping within pop territory. I wouldn't be surprised, especially as Ringo's been listening to Super Junky Monkey, and Variety was a pretty cartoony album.

If they pursue this style, I can definitely see it not being for everyone. And you can guarantee that the album won't be like Adult.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.12.01 at 05:33 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote