Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.12.01, 11:50 PM   #61
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

tickets won't go up in mass on yahoo auctions until the lottery ends, which is in a week, I think results are the 11th? or maybe the 12th?

I think the idea was to get the band to physically meld to a new type of rhythmic structure. Maybe people who have lots of experience in music theory can explain it, but in Ringo's mind since she had taken a long break with Jihen for her anniversary, and since Variety was not her project, she feels like the long time in which she had been away deserves a big step forward in progress, and to do that she did a lot of research. Research probably means studying music she enjoyed and hadn't tried before? then the next step would to be to train the band to utilize new styles and types of music and playing which they hadn't before. So if 3min was used to practice, I think you can get a good idea of what the album will be like. I think it will be uptempo but not necessarily upbeat, with a strong emphasis on rhythm over lyrics.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 01:06 AM   #62
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Listening to Gaman again, I find it funny how her vocals are, as Superficial Fan said, nearly exactly like Shouso Strip despite her voice clearly changing. The producers must have been working hard =X

I'm the only one who thinks that the 1:40 bit is abrupt/out of place. The song would be uninteresting without it, outside the 'loool it's SR doing rock again!' thing. Listening to it gives me hope that they'll be attempting some Souretsu-type choons on the album.

Anyway, the nature of the coupling and 3min being a warmup makes me wonder whether 3min will be on the album. And that Ringo seems to be seizing control again and drilling the boys makes me hope that she is taking control of most of the songwriting, and the translations that kuro posted makes me hope that she shut up during Variety, but will have a much bigger role in overseeing the songs this time now, even the ones she didn't write.

The fact that, despite the misconceptions construed here for a while, she's still quite ambitious/enamoured with the process of creating music, and the band are as willing to challenge themselves, makes me veeeeery excited.

I think I'll just go and drown myself in other music for the next month or two so I forget about Sports -- the wait will be agonising otherwise =(
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 05:09 AM   #63
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Kuro, thanks a lot for the translations! I really think the new album is gonna be so interesting *_*.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 06:17 AM   #64
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

the vocal melody in the "rock" chorus really reminds of of early solo SR. It's the same sound that was so prominent in her demos/MM/SS (Shiroi E to Guitar is a good example). Was it really written by Izawa?
Old 2009.12.02, 08:17 AM   #65
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Izawa has the powah to transform Shiina Ringo back into Shéna Ringö.

sounds like he's the man challenging the band to innovate
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 02:12 PM   #66
kuro_neko

ringo literally said she "muted" herself during Variety to allow each individual members to do their own thing and allow good blood to circulate. now that the band has achieved a certain cohesion she can start to jump back in and everyone can operate on an equal basis as a team, so it bodes for interesting results.
Old 2009.12.02, 02:20 PM   #67
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
ringo literally said she "muted" herself during Variety to allow each individual members to do their own thing and allow good blood to circulate.
Ringo: I didn't like Variety.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.02, 02:46 PM   #68
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Ringo: I didn't like Variety.
I think the true test of time will determine that. Obviously Ultra C is going to be new material, but Variety remains the most heavily toured album and during Variety-era shows almost all the material was Variety, whereas Adult incorporated Kyouiku and Kyouiku had new songs and Ringo back catalogue. I think it will be interesting to see how much the Variety material gets whipped out in the future.
Old 2009.12.02, 03:12 PM   #69
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Phase 2's sound is set in stone, guys. This is what Ringo will be doing for the next ten years
Congratulations, you win the dried up shell of an artist.
Old 2009.12.02, 03:21 PM   #70
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'll take the consolation prize instead
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote