Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.08.09, 03:51 PM   #11
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

yeah I was just giving the pic close inspection and noticed that the hair and skin were messed up!! I also come to the conclusion that it's been 'altered' too! I was so fixated on the guitar colours that I missed the obvious.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.09, 04:07 PM   #12
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I would bet $100 that a bad scan or some Hedo-style edit was responsible for the 'blue' guitar.
I thought you weren't good at subtle and quick jabs?
Old 2009.11.29, 06:39 PM   #13
darkdisco

darkdisco pleased at least somebody

This might be my favorite single. Koufukuron got me into her, and while I like the mix on MM, this is the one I go to when I want to hear the song.

Plus Suberidai is just all kinds of awesome and equally as good as the A-side.
darkdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 01:22 PM   #14
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

The 1:47 xylophone break in Suberidai is my favourite moment in a Ringo track. I love the surprising change of rhythm there. It also has my favourite keyboard part (I want that synth tone!), guitar solo and drum pattern, and really good bass. I know the melody and every instrumental part of the song by heart but as I write I don't actually know what the lyrics are about... I've never been able to concentrate on the words of the song, I like the music too much!
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.14, 02:51 AM   #15
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

okay, so does anyone actually prefer this mastering over the re-release? the rerelease sounds a lot grittier, deeper bass and with more crunchy guitar, whereas the original release sounds cleaner. you can buy both versions on iTunes japan (and hear the difference), but I've noticed that both the release and all subsequent releases of the koufukuron single (such as suberidai on WtH and Koufukuron on MoRA) have been the rerelease grungey master. no love for the original. still, just wondering if people have it and what their thoughts are on it? I'm guessing the label cleaned it up because they wanted a strong pop debut and once Ringo made a smash with MM and they decided to rerelease it together with Honnou, they remastered it, either to bring out the dirtier bass and guitar, or to more closely match the original production plans.

glath, I know I've brought this up with you. but being a 7in, this release is hard to rip, so I've never copied my personal copy (although I own both singles). toying with just buying the file from iTunes japan.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 04:34 PM   #16
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I had no idea they were different in any way. I wonder which one I have (whichever it is, it's currently labeled as being the original).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 05:34 PM   #17
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I had no idea they were different in any way. I wonder which one I have (whichever it is, it's currently labeled as being the original).
its probably the rerelease. the original is harder to get and its also 7in which means most people can't use them on PC/laptop unless they have drive with center prong to hold cd. a good way to check is to compare the sound on the PV to the sound on your file, but I had no idea the original rerelease sounded cleaner/softer for a while either. I noticed the rerelease sounded more dirty and mentioned it to glath a while back, maybe a year or two ago, and he agreed. I think that they just remastered it for the rerelease and at that point, being more free from the label, it was engineered to sound a bit more dirty to fit her rock image. before her debut the label tried to groom her to be more pop friendly (hence the pop koufukuron makeover on the single and the heavy rock version on the album)
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.27, 02:43 AM   #18
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Happy 15th Anniversary!!!

Lets all watch the PV to celebrate

Koufukuron

Also, as of today Ringo has now got 2 OFFICIAL Youtube/VEVO channels (One for Ringo and one for Jihen).
Old 2013.05.27, 07:05 AM   #19
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

So how exactly are westerners supposed to become acquainted with what she sounds like?

*edit*
Honnou and STEM are the only videos on that channel which work for me.
Old 2013.05.27, 09:21 AM   #20
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

This is funny, as I just looked this up yesterday, but Honnou and STEM are the only ones you can download on iTunes too. Japan has some weird international releasing policies.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote