Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.03.04, 07:28 AM   #311
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

After really listening to Sports a few more times, I'm impressed by how much I like it. With Variety I remember disliking at least half of the songs. But on Sports, so far I only find 2 of the songs to kinda annoy me.

Season Sayonara, and FAIR. I just don't like them. Not sure why. Not very memorable to me.

Everything else though has some redeeming qualities and I don't mind listening to them.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.04, 03:27 PM   #312
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

i'm doing romaji for SPORTS.. maybe if you have the physical booklet, you can help me with some lines?

01. Ikiru
3:17~
(shinryoku no heion ni tada ukiashi datteitaraba, arata na onore ni deaseyou ka.)

•The lyrics says "出会せようか" (deaseyouka).. she says something with deKUaseyouka or something like that :S

05. FOUL
0:35
me wo akete mae wo mite fumikoete kiiroi sen

•The lyrics says "黄色い線" (kiiroi sen/yellow line). Although, I don't think she sings "sen"... it fits better with "kiiroi line"... I'd like to know if i'm the only one who thinks that..

0:50
nigegiritai reisei ni

•Kanji says "冷静" (reisei). Only I can hear is "douzo" :\

11. FAIR
0:24
kodomo ga seijaku wo hikisaita no wa

•Kanji says "静寂" (seijaku). She says something with.. shishima, shinchima, I don't know... I even looked up for other equivalent words for 'silence', 'silent', 'silently', and so, but had nothing that sounded like this.. the closest was "深深" (shinshin), but I don't think that's right.

I think that's all, if anyone could help me, I would pretty much appreciate ! thanks in advance

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.04, 03:44 PM   #313
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
are you working for a leak or did you buy the cd? I can't speak for the leak but on my rip from the cd it sounds level with the rest of the other tracks.
Yeah, I'm still listening to a rip till I get the chance to order a copy. I think Season Sayonara just starts out sounding flatter than the rest.

Something random I just noticed today:

1 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
2 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
3 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
4 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
5 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
6 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
7 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals
8 - no dude backing vocals
9 - no dude backing vocals
10 - no dude backing vocals
11 - no dude backing vocals
12 - no dude backing vocals
13 - Uki and/or Izawa singing backing vocals

First half is a team effort, second half is training for her next solo album?

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2010.03.04 at 06:45 PM.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.04, 06:38 PM   #314
obama917

obama917 has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
01. Ikiru
3:17~
(shinryoku no heion ni tada ukiashi datteitaraba, arata na onore ni deaseyou ka.)

•The lyrics says "出会せようか" (deaseyouka).. she says something with deKUaseyouka or something like that :S
She says "dekuwaseyouka".

05. FOUL
0:35
me wo akete mae wo mite fumikoete kiiroi sen

•The lyrics says "黄色い線" (kiiroi sen/yellow line). Although, I don't think she sings "sen"... it fits better with "kiiroi line"... I'd like to know if i'm the only one who thinks that..
I agree, it sounds to me "kiiroi line". That makes sense as "line" rhymes with "sugu ourai" in the prior verse.

0:50
nigegiritai reisei ni

•Kanji says "冷静" (reisei). Only I can hear is "douzo" :\
It sounds to me "reisei". I cannot hear "douzo". Am I listening to a wrong part?

11. FAIR
0:24
kodomo ga seijaku wo hikisaita no wa

•Kanji says "静寂" (seijaku). She says something with.. shishima, shinchima, I don't know... I even looked up for other equivalent words for 'silence', 'silent', 'silently', and so, but had nothing that sounded like this.. the closest was "深深" (shinshin), but I don't think that's right.
She says "shijima", meaning the same as "静寂" (seijaku).

I hope this helps.
obama917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.04, 07:19 PM   #315
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Kimaru is definitely up there with Sounan, Kokoro, and Omatsuri Sawagi as one of the best Jihen songs. How odd that Ukigumo of all people stole the album with Kimaru and Season Sayonara. Props to him for the effort.
Old 2010.03.04, 08:22 PM   #316
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

After weeks straight of travelling into Seoul after the CD store kept assuring me it'd be there next week, I finally got the CD last night. It wasn't in the Tokyo Jihen section and I was almost ready to leave without asking the counter. But thankfully I did ask, 'cause they had them hidden in the back!

And, after all of that, it's an ok album.

My current <33 is Noriki. Without knowing it I already got 11 plays off of it. I really like Kimaru, Zettai Zetsumei, Denpa Tsuushin and FOUL. The last one being a possibly better Service, and Kimaru giving me a very Beatles/theme from Dr Zhivago feel.

I can't seem to ever get through Sweet Spot without having an instinct to switch to the next song, the same pretty much goes to Ikiru too.

Senkou Shojo is growing on me. Maybe because I'm already really used to it but 3min seems out of place right now. FAIR I can see myself really liking this song -- I can zone out to it pretty well not, but it hardly gets stuck in my head or anything. Utenkekkou is kinda the same way, but I get a smile out of it every time I listen to it, because I love the barbershop quartet-like harmony added in. Season Sayonara sounds like, something I'd get from 90s Rina Chinen plus uh, Lonely Rolling Star from Katamari Damacy... something. Which is good, but still, weird. And Kachi-ikusa is just... there. I don't really have much feeling towards it.

Overall, it's ok. Nothing spectacular, but it did give me Noriki, so I have high hopes for the rest growing on me the way Sanmon Gossip did.

-----

So after writing this, I finally decided to read over the rest of the thread. Noriki is awesome guys -- the drums juxtaposed with her voice in the chorus is to die forrrr. I can't help but groove to it.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2010.03.04 at 08:53 PM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.04, 10:19 PM   #317
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I keep trying to like Noriki but there's something about the style that I just can't get behind. I enjoy the electronic break from 1:35-2:05, but... eh. As a whole song I can't help but shelf it.

I'll take your word for it that the lyrics have legs of their own, though. Wouldn't be surprising.

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Super Sonic. Hyper Sonic.
cbf to listen to it again to check, but if the lines "c'mon step it up", "you're too slow", "now I'll show you", and other similar phrases had appeared anywhere in that song it would instantly become my favorite on the album.

If they yelled out those lines during a live performance of that song, I think I would die.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.05, 01:35 AM   #318
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
FOUL. The last one being a possibly better Service
Wow, someone else likes FOUL.

I just think people are too quick to dismiss it as Service/Crawl/BBQueen/Shouso Strip wannabe. Service was great in Dynamite Out, but it's not a song I'd choose to listen to or sing along to. With Crawl and BB Queen, you sort of get lost among all the noise and there isn't really an interesting song beneath that.

FOUL on the other hand, is small and tight, and the twisty-sounding lyrics are the funnest thing on the album. The way they ramp it up towards the end is great.

My Sports EP:

1. Denpa Tsushin
2. FOUL
3. 3min
4. Zettai Zetsumei
5. Kimaru

Still not getting Noriki.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.05, 07:19 AM   #319
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Noriki should belong to Jubeat. ewwwwwwww.

Here's an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTh0Oc_TAQ
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.05, 01:59 PM   #320
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Noriki should belong to Jubeat. ewwwwwwww.

Here's an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTh0Oc_TAQ
that was terrifyiing...although the thought of Ringo actually doing parapara is kind hilarious. I still love Noriki though.

and I guess I'm also one of the few who like FOUL. I'm a fan of Crawl though (you hit the nail on the head, getting lost in the noise is precisely what I like about Crawl, that and the absolutely scathing lyrics, possibly one of the most straightforward FUCK MEN songs ringo has written).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote