Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.27, 08:08 PM   #51
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
Hey Tsuchiya, you like new wave, hey? Do you like POLYSICS? They classify themselves as that genre.
POLYSICS - I My Me Mine
I like them okay. I liked them best around the time Hey! Bob! My Friend! (the first U.S. release), but they can get a bit grating at times. Also, the take the whole wear-their-influences-on-their-sleeves thing a bit far. They're obviously huge Devo fans (and they don't hide it, LOL), and I'm sure they're huge early-Ippu-Do and P-Model fans too...it's just not the kind of thing you read about in English. To me, they sound like those bands, but aren't quite as good or memorable--and they're TOO hyper for my tastes. They also have this pounding, hard rock influence mixed in that I don't care for.

Still, pretty good band, and that video is awesome, of course.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 09:09 PM   #52
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

How to embed youtube videos.

Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
What about Izawa? I think he's pretty hot.
Er, no. Do you happen to think MTsuchiya is hot too?

I don't have dreams about sleeping with Shiina or anything (I try, but Uki keeps popping in), but it would still be pretty amazing, come on now.
I have a sudden urge to rep you for this. HAHA! Even in your dreams Ukigumo is a spoilsport. I'm so amused.

Anyway, don't you feel nice and welcome in here now Tsuchiya!
Old 2007.09.27, 09:12 PM   #53
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Thanks for the free samples, Tsuchiya! Nice stuff.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 11:04 PM   #54
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Isn't that against the forum rules? I thought this stuff was abandonded after RJ.

HonestlyI can't really hear a difference between Hirama und Uki. And if I wasn't reading threads in this forum, I never would have even TRIED to find differences, because one guitar player is just like the other for me, except he is very talented/gifted/a legend, that plays stuff that is WRITTEN only for the guitar. See Jim Hall.
It's the same with drums or the bass. In a band like this, I don't give a shit whos playing it, it's just backup for the song. If it's Uki, Hirama, or any other profeesional musician hired to play their part, who cares? They play the arrangements as it's written, so they are merely machines doin what they are told to do.
That's why all this is about the presence and the charme of the members. And in that way, Uki sucks real hard for me. And I really liked Hirama.

Until this release it was still "Shiina Ringo with a bunch of friends that play the instruments for her" for me. Now it's not anymore, and I don't think this would have been neccessary.

Man I'm so evil. I hope you guys don't hate me instantly XD

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.27, 11:30 PM   #55
Tsuchiya

Do you actually think that's how something like Variety functions? And do you think Shiina wrote the guitar part to "Toumei Ningen"?

Also, the only way to get those albums I uploaded is to spend like $300 on an Ippu-Do box set, so I see no problem uploading them, especially as nobody would have heard them otherwise.

Oh, and Milton, I still need to send you those Mishio Ogawa albums. I'll do that this weekend...slipped my mind.
Old 2007.09.28, 12:49 AM   #56
golem09

Also, the only way to get those albums I uploaded is to spend like $300 on an Ippu-Do box set, so I see no problem uploading them, especially as nobody would have heard them otherwise.
I didn't want to affront you, but I thought all this uploading would be completely forbidden with the start of EMF. I was just wondering that no mod showed up so far. I see no moral probelms with that, too^^

Do you actually think that's how something like Variety functions? And do you think Shiina wrote the guitar part to "Toumei Ningen"?

For me it's all about songwriting. The rest just doesn't matter. The exceptions to that would be things like classical music or jazz, where the same songs are played over and over again, and the only difference is the artist playing it.
I know that Shiina didn't wrote all of TJ's stuff, but until variety I still saw her as the artist, and the rest as backups. This changed with variety and I'm not happy with it, because I'm a SR fan, not a TJ fan in the first place.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.09.28, 04:44 AM   #57
Tsuchiya

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
For me it's all about songwriting. The rest just doesn't matter.
Well, I find this a little sad. Obviously you're not a musician, then? Following certain [studio] musicians is a very rewarding experience. Music is a lot more than songwriting. So you don't have a favorite bassist, guitarist, drummer, or keyboard player? I'm the kind of guy who will seek out albums that have Yann Tomita or Haruomi Hosono playing steel drums on them.
Old 2007.09.28, 04:57 AM   #58
golem09

As I said, that's in Jazz. I adore Bill Evans for example.
But in most kinds of music it is just the songwriting, that's important and interesting for me.
And I play the piano for about ten years^^ U can see my newest work in the
"more youtube covers" thread
That's what I'm talking about: Maruno Uchi sound great, even if it was played by me^^ There's no need for the god of all piano or bass players to do it. The Focus is not on a certain instrument or a solo, so why should I care who is playing it.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.09.28, 04:59 AM   #59
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Dont worry golem, Tsuchiya's just throwing his elitist mindset around again.
Old 2007.09.28, 05:06 AM   #60
golem09

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Dont worry golem, Tsuchiya's just throwing his elitist mindset around again.
Hmm, I thought I would be the bad elitist in this discussion XD

MyAnimelist